What is your go to all purpose chicken seasoning?

My go to is not much different SPGRP.

I have been using with this great recipe some after a visit to Asheville:

12 Bones Chicken Rub

1/2cup paprika

1/2 cup granulated garlic

1/4 cup granulated onion

1/2 cup fine-ground black pepper

1 tablespoon cayenne

4 teaspoons whole dry basil

1 tablespoon cumin

4 teaspoons dark brown sugar

1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning

4 teaspoons dried sage

1/4 cup dry English mustard

1/2 cup iodized salt

8 teaspoons chili powder

Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Store what isn't used in an airtight container and refrigerate.

Note: This makes enough for several batches of smoked shrimp. This chicken rub is a good, all-purpose rub, something that can be used in multiple applications.

— Recipe from "12 Bones Smokehouse" (Voyageur Press)

A blend of SPGP consisting of

1 CU of Kosher Salt
1/2 CU Granulated Garlic
1/4 CU Coarse Ground Black Pepper
1/2 CU Paprika

I have been using Paul Prudhomme's poultry magic lately. I love all his seasonings.

+1 for the Paul Prudhomme seasonings. Every one I've tried has been good. Salmon, Vegetable and Poultry.

I use the Poultry Magic for grilled chicken, my own rub for BBQ chicken, and SPOG for smoked chicken. As mentioned, brine is a chicken's best friend, wet or dry.

I really like the taste of chicken so I like to keep it simple. My go to chicken seasoning is equal parts Salt, Pepper, and Garlic salt. Sometimes I'll add some parsley for color. This creates a nice savory chicken that lets the meat and smoke come through nicely.
If the situation warrants more I'll add a light dusting of bbq rub on top of that that is always my base for chicken.

I just did my first cook with Oakridge's Secret Weapon this afternoon on some chicken thighs. VERY good stuff! It will be a regular in the lineup, that's for sure!

I use my basic all purpose run in the cavity and under the skin. On top of the skin, I use Kickin chicken. I think it's a Montreal rub.

It’s already been said but Oakridge Secret Weapon is the easy winner for me. Heck, it’s top 2-3 on ribs as well. In fact if I had to I could be limited to Oakridge Secret Weapon, TX BBQ Rub, and SPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Secret Weapon makes some mighty fine cold chicken for lunch...(wiping face and fingers). :-D

I'm apparently missing out, this is 3rd different place I recently seen this recommended. I'll have to pick some up
It's nice because if you like your food spicy and someone else doesn't, you can apply that separately to the degree you prefer without affecting others.

It’s already been said but Oakridge Secret Weapon is the easy winner for me. Heck, it’s top 2-3 on ribs as well. In fact if I had to I could be limited to Oakridge Secret Weapon, TX BBQ Rub, and SPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am starting to think you and I were separated at birth.

Back