🔥🔥All Purpose Seasoning,🔥🔥

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
So just for grins I checked labels in a cabinet for the words All Purpose. Some have variations like Season All, or Only. Not exactly sure but does All Purpose mean actually "all"? Meats, veggies, fins, fur, feathers, Three Sisters etc etc?

All Purpose. Then I got to thinking I don't like just one of anything. There's a difference in all of the "all's". The top two in photo. Lawry's and Real Salt (thanks 4ever3) aren't labeled All Purpose, in my world they can be. Lantana of Texas, stuffs great on everything.

Make your own?? Here's a link to a recipe

https://bakeitwithlove.com/all-purpose-seasoning/

Last edited:
Man, so much temptation.

I was trying to reorganize a few things yesterday, and filled a huge bin with seasonings..most of which were "oh, that sounds good, I should try it" and...still sits unopened :shock: I'm super guilty of finding one that I like and then sticking with it, and not really trying all the variations.

Cavender's with salt, yellow label, has been my go-to for years, I use it daily.

This just reminded me...

Last year while vacationing in Gulf Shores, I would walk to a fish market and get grilled grouper with Greek seasoning. The first time, I asked them what is Greek seasoning, and they said it's just SPG. It was delicious, and I had it 5 straight days. The last day I asked them if the Greek seasoning was commercial. The lady brought out the container, and it was Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning. I planned to get some, but forgot all about it. Now, I just ordered some. Thank you!

This just reminded me...

Last year while vacationing in Gulf Shores, I would walk to a fish market and get grilled grouper with Greek seasoning. The first time, I asked them what is Greek seasoning, and they said it's just SPG. It was delicious, and I had it 5 straight days. The last day I asked them if the Greek seasoning was commercial. The lady brought out the container, and it was Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning. I planned to get some, but forgot all about it. Now, I just ordered some. Thank you!

Did you know Cavenders Greek is a northwest Arkansas product ever seen a CavendersWestern Wear Store?? Isn't that the same family

Link to history of Cavenders Greek Seasoning

https://greekseasoning.com/

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I pulled out all of the spices from the cabinets and the pantry.
Then I put them into groups ie, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and so on.

We then tasted each one within each group to compare the flavor to each other.
Wow was I surprised! Most had no flavor at all. Needlees to say I tossed 95%+ of the whole lot! I will say that Bolner's Fiesta Products is the only ones to make the cut.
I did keep the Lowrey's.

Most know I'm a SuckleBusters guy when it comes to Rubs but Fiesta is my goto for pretty much everything else.

Bolner's Fiesta seasoning are really great. I always have their light chili powder, garlic salt, coarse black pepper.

Last edited:
This is "All Purpose" seasoning in Louisiana. We put it on everything except ice cream.

picture.php

Back