THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok im capping it off at 35. 4 of those are earmarked for me but we'll see.

Im sicker than the dickens so im gonna take a short nap before i get too it. I have a large enough stock pot for this to be done in two batches. With this nimber to do im thinking whole is gonna be the way to go.

What do yall prefer.

Whole, spears, chips?

Ok im capping it off at 35. 4 of those are earmarked for me but we'll see.

Im sicker than the dickens so im gonna take a short nap before i get too it. I have a large enough stock pot for this to be done in two batches. With this nimber to do im thinking whole is gonna be the way to go.

What do yall prefer.

Whole, spears, chips?

You are a Ninja! :clap2: spears a the best!

What sort of cucumbers do you use? I can never find pickling ones where I live.

I feel your pain btw. I started roasting coffee last year. Now everyone gets and requests coffee.

Sounds like you're in a pickle. I'll see myself out now.

Thanks for posting your recipe.

No problem but i can take no credit for it. This belongs to Jeremy (screen name marubozo) owner of the prized pig and author of one of the most epic threads in the history of the brethren

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161123

What sort of cucumbers do you use? I can never find pickling ones where I live.

I feel your pain btw. I started roasting coffee last year. Now everyone gets and requests coffee.

I get them from a local market, Randazzo. They are labeled pickling cucumbers. Smaller than the salad ones.

Prices are great for produce, significantly cheaper compared to the typical super stores (walmart, meijer, kroger)

Break heads into cloves and place in metal bowl. Cover top with another metal bowl the same size turned upside down and shake violently. Doesn't work everytime but when it does it saves a ton of time.

Break heads into cloves and place in metal bowl. Cover top with another metal bowl the same size turned upside down and shake violently. Doesn't work everytime but when it does it saves a ton of time.

Thanks brother

YouTube is a a wonderful thing

[ame]https://youtu.be/Dc7w_PGSt9Y[/ame]

And i didn't need it cause i have the brethren in my pocket :thumb:

What the arf!
Your not leaving me out of this !!!!!!!!:biggrin1:
:thumb:
Heck if you'd asked, I have at least 50 heads peeled.

Lookin' Good, Ninja!

I've now tried Marubozo's recipe on whole cukes, spears, and chips... and I like 'em all for different reasons:

Whole - There's not much better than biting into a... big Kosher dill from the deli... and since these pickles are homemade and spicy, I think this takes the cake.

Spears - Great when I'm having a sammich or some such.

Chips - Great when I'm putting pickles ON a sammich or burger or some such. Plus, they absorb the liquid and spices faster than the other two options above.

I've never canned in such quantities before... looks like you're an old pro and will have an assembly line running in no time.

You may have just talked me into joining you, but I'll probably just make a couple of quarts on this end.

Happy Holidays! Keep the pR0N coming!

What the arf!
Your not leaving me out of this !!!!!!!!:biggrin1:
:thumb:
Heck if you'd asked, I have at least 50 heads peeled.

I gotcha covered :wink:

Lookin' Good, Ninja!

I've now tried Marubozo's recipe on whole cukes, spears, and chips... and I like 'em all for different reasons:

Whole - There's not much better than biting into a... big Kosher dill from the deli... and since these pickles are homemade and spicy, I think this takes the cake.

Spears - Great when I'm having a sammich or some such.

Chips - Great when I'm putting pickles ON a sammich or burger or some such. Plus, they absorb the liquid and spices faster than the other two options above.

I've never canned in such quantities before... looks like you're an old pro and will have an assembly line running in no time.

You may have just talked me into joining you, but I'll probably just make a couple of quarts on this end.

Happy Holidays! Keep the pR0N coming!

No expert. Im in way over my head. Never done it on this scale. Took a few batches and i stretched it out over the day.

Just finished a bit ago. Now i just have to clean up the jars and put some bows on em

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals

Green is garlic dill
Red is hot
White hotter

Its almost fun making this much. Havent worked with this kinda quantity since high school.

Already have bigger and better plans for next years round of ninja's small batch pickles:laugh:. Really thought part of what makes these fun is how rustic they are with all the whole ingredients in the jar.

Back