THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When converting recipes I have found it easier to do it in grams. Math works easier for me that way. Started doing that when I started making bacon.

furthermore you can do the percentage method. whatever the heaviest ingredient is equals 100% and you multiply to get the weight percentage of each ingredient.

you can any batch size you want based off of any limited reagent you have. sorry my high school chemistry nerd is showing.

Kinda the same, but more perfect!

I received pickles from my daughter, who can't even make mac and cheese.

:wacko:

I blame her mother.

However, she nailed the pickles!
Ole Smokey Moonshine Pickles!

I've always done spears, but thinking of making chips the next time.

I've done chips before too. got a mandoline that does ruffled chips and everything. more cucumbers fit in the jar as chips and they go further. each jar averages 10 spears, I can crush that in a sitting. chips last longer

Around here they are called pickling cucumbers, smaller then the big cukes. Next to a Thermapen to give you an idea of size.

0RMtlNxh.jpg

well Andy pretty much summed it up. pickles based on the marubozo recipe, less salt more dill. it's a good start and I've just tweaked a few things for personal preference and economy of scale.

yes they are pickle cucumbers, I get them from a local market as opposed to the ones in the supermarket you mentioned. maybe 75 cents a lbs, less if you buy a case

Steve you should tell them they get better the more they wait, which is true.
AND here, they call them "Kirby Cucumbers"
no idea why, I have done it before and was very happy.
The Kirbys are like 1/2 or so the size of normal cukes. (not English).
[Cuke Talk]

Kirby's! I'll have to see if I can find some locally or, possibly grow my own. Now to find a Mandoline and cut some chips from a supermarket cucumber to give things a test run.

THANKS for pointing me in the right direction!

Back