Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Westmont, IL - Red, White, & Bar-B-Q 5/25-27, 2012

They got it Erin. Just need to update the website. Are you guys coming g up Friday or Saturday. Going to go to Uncle Bub's on Friday for some Mac n cheese balls.

Mud's BBQ will be ready for some fun at Westmont. Maiden voyage with the Meat Monster. God I hate these 3 minute commutes to competitons. I may even run home after turn ins to shower!!!:-D

Erin/Scottie - I will not take it deep like last year. I guess moderation will be the rule for Saturday night.. Yeah right - who's hosting the first round!!!!!

I might set up my canopy and tables Friday and return Saturday with the meat and rest of my gear. Is this allowed? Originally I had stated that I would arrive on Friday, that is why I am wondering.

-Porky Joe's
www.porkyjoesbbq.com

Lots of teams show up on Friday to drop off their trailers. You may want to drop Chris a note to make sure they will have security on site if you're leaving tables and an EZ-up. It's a safe area but just in case.

I had emailed him over a month ago with another question but never heard back. I will try again, thank you for the information.

Mud's BBQ will be ready for some fun at Westmont. Maiden voyage with the Meat Monster. God I hate these 3 minute commutes to competitons. I may even run home after turn ins to shower!!!:-D

Erin/Scottie - I will not take it deep like last year. I guess moderation will be the rule for Saturday night.. Yeah right - who's hosting the first round!!!!!

Moderation? I am pretty certain I don't know the meaning of that word!

Not sure when we're coming up Scottie, but I may have to plead my case if Mac n cheese balls are involved!!

Did any of you folks notice this on the web site?

** Additional $4000 Prize Money ($1000 each meat category)
**Requires purchase of category meat at The Standard Market in Westmont
to be eligible for the additional prize money. Purchase receipt must
be presented contest organizers prior to Saturday 5/26 midnight.

Big JT's Smokin BBQ will definitely be there!

I'm still trying to work out a Cub Scout Campout conflict so Jimmy doesn't have to cook alone (not that he hasn't done that before :becky:). I really hope to make it!

Medieval Swines will be there. We'll see if we can keep our tents in one piece......and upright.......it was close last year!

Sweet Racks & Smokin' Butts are in! First of the year for us.

I did Ron and would definitely look in to it if I lived closer. Does that market have good product?

I saw it too and considered it for a little while but just thought there were too many "what ifs" involved, especially if they get a lot of people to do it.

Got a "letter to teams" last night from Jim! Now I feel like it's right around the corner!

Interested to see how the layout changes this year. They are showing 54 teams on their site so far, although one has since dropped out :sad:

That was actually a draft letter and a new one should be sent out Dann. They have about 200' of the stretch where the carnival is located. They got pushed farther west down the street. They are capping it at 65 this year. So if you are on the fence, get your app in.

I stopped by last week and picked up a couple racks of Berkshire spares, 1 pork steak each of Duroc and Bershire, and some other goodies. Place is a food geek's toy store!:thumb:

Not on the fence at all Scottie, sent in our entry as soon as apps were available!

Back