Weekend Chili Pron Fest - October 31 to November 2

I took the leftover venison chili from last weekend, added some fire-roasted tomatoes to thicken it up.
Made a small pan of chili lasagna. It had a pretty good flavor I must say.

100_2299.jpg

Are those beans in that chile from Texas??

Here's a bowl of homestyle I made for an office contest on Friday.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Allright, heres my final pics.....

Attachments

• chili 016.jpg
    chili 016.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 92
  • chili 017.jpg
    chili 017.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 92
The garnish is a little distracting ...

Replace the greens for Saltines and the SC for shredded cheddar and diced onion, and I could be set for a cold day.

Oh, and 86 the beans.:cool: Not just because I'm from TX, just don't prefer them in my chili. Prefer them with some hot cornbread on another cold day.:biggrin:

So many different kinds of chili, so little time....

Took the point frozen from my last brisket, and made a modified version of Mo-Fo's Brisket Chili. Modified = cut WAY down on the red pepper flakes, used large can of kidney beans. Crock pot did its job all day, and we ate at about 6:30 PM. Ladled mine over fritos, then topped with a whole bunch of shredded yellow American cheese.

chili.jpg

It was really good! Spicy without being too hot. First time I'd done a brisket chili, and won't be the last.

"Smoke (fill in name of political candidate you want to lose) Chili"

Ingredients:
2- pcs Diced Bacon
2lb- Diced Smoked Brisket
2lb- Ground Beef
1lb- Ground Pork
1lb- Chorizo Sausage (casing removed)
1lb- Diced Top Round Beef
1- 32 oz Crushed Tomatoes
1- 12 oz Tomato Sauce
2- 12 oz Diced Tomatoes w/chipotles
1- 32 oz Beef Stock
2- Diced Large Red Peppers
2- Diced Jalapenos
3- Diced Medium Onions
3- Minced Cloves of Garlic
1- Cup RLSF Competition Blend Chili Powder (or what you like)
2- 32 oz cans of Pinto Beans

Render bacon in large pot and reserve, leaving fat in pot. Brown all meats except brisket and drain. Add vegetables to pot and cook for 10 minutes until soft. Add tomato product, chili powder, and 2/3 of the stock. Bring to a boil and add the meat back to the pot. Simmer for 1 hour. Add the brisket and simmer an additional hour. Add the beans and add more stock if necessary. Simmer for one more hour and serve.

I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do it.

"Smoke (fill in name of political candidate you want to lose) Chili"

Ingredients:
2- pcs Diced Bacon
2lb- Diced Smoked Brisket
2lb- Ground Beef
1lb- Ground Pork
1lb- Chorizo Sausage (casing removed)
1lb- Diced Top Round Beef
1- 32 oz Crushed Tomatoes
1- 12 oz Tomato Sauce
2- 12 oz Diced Tomatoes w/chipotles
1- 32 oz Beef Stock
2- Diced Large Red Peppers
2- Diced Jalapenos
3- Diced Medium Onions
3- Minced Cloves of Garlic
1- Cup RLSF Competition Blend Chili Powder (or what you like)
2- 32 oz cans of Pinto Beans

Render bacon in large pot and reserve, leaving fat in pot. Brown all meats except brisket and drain. Add vegetables to pot and cook for 10 minutes until soft. Add tomato product, chili powder, and 2/3 of the stock. Bring to a boil and add the meat back to the pot. Simmer for 1 hour. Add the brisket and simmer an additional hour. Add the beans and add more stock if necessary. Simmer for one more hour and serve.

I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Just call it "Smoke O'Cain Chile"! No see it - didn't happen!

Okay...

I started this thread and then failed to make chili this weekend. I guess the fact we had our first significant rain fall in five months and my new roof leaks like sieve might have impacted my time...

So here's how I'm going to make it up. Post all your chili recipes here over the next day or so and I'll compile them and send anyone a copy who PM's me.

I'll also get them uploaded to the recipe section. OKAY?

Bulls Brisket Chili

Brisket20Chili.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

The ingredients are in the top picture except I forgot to show 2 12 oz. cans of V-8 juice and a can of beer.

Its in the oven and simmering as I type this and it smells great.

Last edited:
Momma came home and said that the green chile was too hot and she needed some beans. So I made a pot of pintos for her to put the chile on. She's happy!

DSC01592.jpg

90508005-1.jpg

Here's mine.

Smoked a chuckie for the first time (definitely not the last). Mmmmmmm...

chuckie-done.jpg

Pulled it...

chuckie-pulled.jpg

The boss turned it into chili. Mmmmmmmm, good.

chuckie-chili.jpg

The Pot's a simmering now....I smoked a 15lb. Brisket with Mesquite, pulled the meat, added it to my chili fixings along with some black coffee and a few dark mexican beers and it'll be done in a little while....The House Smells Wonderful...
Oh, and We Like Beans in our Chili....
chili1.jpg

Chili Pit Chili

I made my white chili this afternoon in my small BGE.

First the ingredients

ChiliPitchili110208001Medium.jpg

I brown the bacon first in my 5 qt pot

ChiliPitchili110208003Medium.jpg

Remove bacon and add pork to bacon grease in pot.

ChiliPitchili110208004Medium.jpg

Heres a pic of my home-made ring that I use in the Egg. For direct heat, I place my pot on the ring. This is how I browned the bacon and pork

ChiliPitchili110208005Medium.jpg

I add this taracotta pan filled with sand to give me a buffer from the heat.

ChiliPitchili110208006Medium.jpg

Note: the recipe doesnt call for green pepper but I had one already cut up so I threw it in.

ChiliPitchili110208007Medium.jpg

All ingredients simmering

ChiliPitchili110208008Medium.jpg

Final product

ChiliPitchili110208012Medium.jpg

Here's the recipe. This is an alternative chili to your standard red chili. I like it.

Chili Pit Chili

Shopping List:

2 pound pork
1 package of bacon
1 large onion
garlic
chili powder
oregano
cumin
1 quart chicken broth
2 14&1/2 oz cans of hominy
6 ancho chiles
2 10 oz cans yellow corn

directions:

In large pot over med heat, fry 4 or 6 slices of bacon, remove, pour off all but 2 or 3 tblsp of fat, add pork (cubed). Cook & stir till brown. Add onion (1 & 1/2 cups)and garlic (2 cloves). Cook till tender. Crumble bacon & add with chili powder ( 1 tblsp), oregano (1 tsp), cumin (1/4 tsp), broth and drained hominy. Boil. Wash dried ancho chili pods, dice and add to mixture. Simmer 2-3 hours, adding more broth or water as needed. Add drained yellow corn & eat.

Back