Weekend Chili Pron Fest - October 31 to November 2

We're in...I've got some leftover pork butt in the freezer and my wife is gonna use it in her "Chile Verde"...:p

I'm in. I've got a white chili that I've been wanting to try on my Egg. It doesnt have beans but HOMINY. Interesting.

I'm in. We normally get around 300 trick or treaters on Halloween night and invite over some friends for Chili and cornbread to watch the melee. Should be able to grab a few pics in between the door bell and stirring the pot.

I'm in...........

Coincidentally, I've been perusing this forum this last week looking for brisket chili recipes.

I've got three to choose from. I'll pick one, and do it Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone does........

It's gonna be in the low 90's here Saturday... Well, I guess that counts as a cold front where I live, and Chili is always good even if ya have to eat it while the A/C is running on high!

Can we post past pics as appetizers to hold us over till the weekend!:wink:

Here's a tiny little bowl of red (with beans cause I like it that way) to hold us till the weekend...........

2323786375_a2ebbccce3_o.jpg

The Bean Police need not serve themselves any if they so choose!!! ;) Nice looking stove you have do u use a discada on it

That little stand was my very first welding project. I use it primarily with my disc, but that day we had a huge baby shower for my niece so I used my Grandparents old aluminum wok to make the chili. Fit perfectly.
2985437922_b31435cdff_o.jpg

made some last weekend but I have reason to make some new this weekend. Need try a recipe. Lookin forward to it

So do we post our entries in this thread or start one just for chile or chili pron. I'll have green and red pron in a few hours!:-D

Too late...Wayne already did that...:lol::lol::lol:...^^^...back up a post or two.

Farker.......:roll:

Allright, the real thing.
I call this Bubba's clean out the pantry chili!

Brisket and pork, tomatoes, BEANS, onion and garlic with some spices and a few Other things i had laying around.

Attachments

• no_photo.jpg
    no_photo.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 131
New Mexico Green Chile

This is the way we make chile in New Mexico. In honor of my Texas Brethren...No Beans!

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01581.jpg

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

Thanks to Third Eye for the roasted meat and tomatillo inspiration.

I took the leftover venison chili from last weekend, added some fire-roasted tomatoes to thicken it up.
Made a small pan of chili lasagna. It had a pretty good flavor I must say.

100_2299.jpg

100_2301.jpg

100_2302.jpg

100_2304.jpg

100_2305.jpg

100_2307.jpg

100_2310.jpg

100_2311.jpg

100_2308-1.jpg

Back