THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doing a brisket overnight as I write this. Impressed by how thick these briquettes are. Looks like nice long even burn. I’m quickly becoming a fan. I knew I’d like em but I just may have to get me some more tomorrow. Resealable bag is a big plus too

Never tried Weber. Stubbs is the only briquette I trust as a backup for lump.

Weber bricks give off no stank? Can throw them unlit into a fire in progress?

I’m hooked guys/gals!! 14 hour brisket went well and I loaded the basket with Weber briquettes for the night. I used BBQ Guru to let me go to sleep . Burn was about same length of time with less ash. Big plus was none of the gasoline smell. With this pricing, Weber ain’t far off from KBB. Once I burn through my KBB, I’ll probably go all Weber from here.

Here’s a bakers dozen (lucky 13) that I just bought at Lowe’s in addition to yesterday’s 10.

Attachments

Never tried Weber. Stubbs is the only briquette I trust as a backup for lump.

Weber bricks give off no stank? Can throw them unlit into a fire in progress?
No stink or thick smoke at startup. You can add without worry of any off tastes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Agreed. No off tastes with the Weber. I was impressed as well on a 14 hr brisket cook. Will be buying more. As a matter of fact KBB is on sale right now at Home Depot 2 18.6 pound bags for $9.88. At least it is out here in AZ. May be worth looking into where you guys are as well.

I’m hooked guys/gals!! 14 hour brisket went well and I loaded the basket with Weber briquettes for the night. I used BBQ Guru to let me go to sleep . Burn was about same length of time with less ash. Big plus was none of the gasoline smell. With this pricing, Weber ain’t far off from KBB. Once I burn through my KBB, I’ll probably go all Weber from here.

Here’s a bakers dozen (lucky 13) that I just bought at Lowe’s in addition to yesterday’s 10.

Did you use that in your Shirley without wood? I bought a bag of this a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet. With this lower price, I need to go buy a few bags.

Wayne

Did you use that in your Shirley without wood? I bought a bag of this a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet. With this lower price, I need to go buy a few bags.

Wayne

Yes Siree!

Tyler fabricated a pinwheel damper with twin 3/4 inch couplings. I just bought the twin Pit Bull fans (25cfm each, 50 total), and I’m a believer. CyberQ Cloud also lets you raise and lower your set temp remotely from any smartphone or tablet.

I always run with some wood even if it’s a touch. I loaded sticks to each side and above the basket loaded with briquettes . It still keeps a lot of that true blue wood flavor. The catch is I only get 4 hours on a basket of briquettes . I understand that an RF cooker was born to breath so I’m getting as much set and forget that I can get with a cooker that normally is hands on

Attachments

23 bags? I think an intervention is needed here.

I used the sample they sent out a couple months ago and was very impressed, but didn't consider buying it until the price started coming down. Lowe's had it for $15 a month or so ago so I bought a couple bags. I continue being impressed. Long, consistent burn time, no off-flavors or odors, and reasonable ash (on par with KBB relative to weight). I saw over the weekend that they'd lowered the price again to $12 and I do think I've found myself a new standard briq. I'll still buy KBB during the $10 sales though.

Haha Czar and leftwngr, 23 bags is a good start. It's also Michael Jordan's jersey # so you know it's right.

KBB know packs an 18.6 pound bag and then they sell at $9.99. It's massaging of numbers so, in my head, I'm stoked that Weber is 20.0 pounds for $10.79 with my military discount. Thus, I feel, for the first time, I'm able to get a better briquette for essentially the same price

I used about 2/3 of a chimney of Weber bricks for the 90 minute tri-tip cook last night and I estimate I have another 90 minute cook left in it. Plenty for pork tenderloin or flat iron steak. It held a constant 270 throughout. I'm impressed.

Haha Czar and leftwngr, 23 bags is a good start. It's also Michael Jordan's jersey # so you know it's right.

KBB know packs an 18.6 pound bag and then they sell at $9.99. It's massaging of numbers so, in my head, I'm stoked that Weber is 20.0 pounds for $10.79 with my military discount. Thus, I feel, for the first time, I'm able to get a better briquette for essentially the same price

I am waiting for my KBB supply to die down before I open my first bag. Hopefully it is an every day low price but you never know with Lowe's. And I always thought your Shirley was a trailer model. Maybe I am getting you confused with someone else from CO.

I may be misremembering since the last time i stocked up on KBB was more than two years ago, but the best sale price ive seen was $9.99 for a twin pack of 18.6lb (37.2lb) that works out to 27¢/lb.

Edit: i did not factor in taxes.

Last edited:
I could not resist so I went back and bought 10 additional bags from Lowes. 5% discount for their charge card. I have Kingsford stacked to the ceiling but I will use this for my long cooks.

Yes Siree!

Tyler fabricated a pinwheel damper with twin 3/4 inch couplings. I just bought the twin Pit Bull fans (25cfm each, 50 total), and I’m a believer. CyberQ Cloud also lets you raise and lower your set temp remotely from any smartphone or tablet.

I always run with some wood even if it’s a touch. I loaded sticks to each side and above the basket loaded with briquettes . It still keeps a lot of that true blue wood flavor. The catch is I only get 4 hours on a basket of briquettes . I understand that an RF cooker was born to breath so I’m getting as much set and forget that I can get with a cooker that normally is hands on

Nice setup. How many briquettes does your basket hold?

Alright fellas,

The Lowes by work is further out but there is a Home Depot a block away so I walked in and asked if they'll match the price. The guys (with an are you farkin kidding me face) was like "We'll match any hardware store plus give you 10% off"

Well ok then. Picked up 5 as I still have a ton of other charcoal at home.

7VjMYZFh.jpg

Last edited:
Back