Weber Charcoal on sale at Lowes

Just picked up 2 bags. Never have used it before so I want to see how I like it before getting more. Will use it on Thanksgiving for smoking a couple of turkeys.

Same here, but 3 bags....See what it does on the turkey...Still got quite a bit kbb left....

Doing a brisket overnight as I write this. Impressed by how thick these briquettes are. Looks like nice long even burn. I’m quickly becoming a fan. I knew I’d like em but I just may have to get me some more tomorrow. Resealable bag is a big plus too

Never tried Weber. Stubbs is the only briquette I trust as a backup for lump.

Weber bricks give off no stank? Can throw them unlit into a fire in progress?

I’m hooked guys/gals!! 14 hour brisket went well and I loaded the basket with Weber briquettes for the night. I used BBQ Guru to let me go to sleep . Burn was about same length of time with less ash. Big plus was none of the gasoline smell. With this pricing, Weber ain’t far off from KBB. Once I burn through my KBB, I’ll probably go all Weber from here.

Here’s a bakers dozen (lucky 13) that I just bought at Lowe’s in addition to yesterday’s 10.

Attachments

• 8ED360B5-4604-475A-8C2F-30264D730891.jpg
    8ED360B5-4604-475A-8C2F-30264D730891.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 271D267C-8A47-4473-BC49-34A267984556.jpg
    271D267C-8A47-4473-BC49-34A267984556.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 213
Never tried Weber. Stubbs is the only briquette I trust as a backup for lump.

Weber bricks give off no stank? Can throw them unlit into a fire in progress?
No stink or thick smoke at startup. You can add without worry of any off tastes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Agreed. No off tastes with the Weber. I was impressed as well on a 14 hr brisket cook. Will be buying more. As a matter of fact KBB is on sale right now at Home Depot 2 18.6 pound bags for $9.88. At least it is out here in AZ. May be worth looking into where you guys are as well.

I’m hooked guys/gals!! 14 hour brisket went well and I loaded the basket with Weber briquettes for the night. I used BBQ Guru to let me go to sleep . Burn was about same length of time with less ash. Big plus was none of the gasoline smell. With this pricing, Weber ain’t far off from KBB. Once I burn through my KBB, I’ll probably go all Weber from here.

Here’s a bakers dozen (lucky 13) that I just bought at Lowe’s in addition to yesterday’s 10.

Did you use that in your Shirley without wood? I bought a bag of this a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet. With this lower price, I need to go buy a few bags.

Wayne

Did you use that in your Shirley without wood? I bought a bag of this a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet. With this lower price, I need to go buy a few bags.

Wayne

Yes Siree!

Tyler fabricated a pinwheel damper with twin 3/4 inch couplings. I just bought the twin Pit Bull fans (25cfm each, 50 total), and I’m a believer. CyberQ Cloud also lets you raise and lower your set temp remotely from any smartphone or tablet.

I always run with some wood even if it’s a touch. I loaded sticks to each side and above the basket loaded with briquettes . It still keeps a lot of that true blue wood flavor. The catch is I only get 4 hours on a basket of briquettes . I understand that an RF cooker was born to breath so I’m getting as much set and forget that I can get with a cooker that normally is hands on

Attachments

• E15CB700-751E-4316-995E-E957B273DDB0.jpg
    E15CB700-751E-4316-995E-E957B273DDB0.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 192
  • E3CBF820-997A-4AE3-BF72-3509DF643FC4.jpg
    E3CBF820-997A-4AE3-BF72-3509DF643FC4.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 192

23 bags? I think an intervention is needed here.

I used the sample they sent out a couple months ago and was very impressed, but didn't consider buying it until the price started coming down. Lowe's had it for $15 a month or so ago so I bought a couple bags. I continue being impressed. Long, consistent burn time, no off-flavors or odors, and reasonable ash (on par with KBB relative to weight). I saw over the weekend that they'd lowered the price again to $12 and I do think I've found myself a new standard briq. I'll still buy KBB during the $10 sales though.

Haha Czar and leftwngr, 23 bags is a good start. It's also Michael Jordan's jersey # so you know it's right.

KBB know packs an 18.6 pound bag and then they sell at $9.99. It's massaging of numbers so, in my head, I'm stoked that Weber is 20.0 pounds for $10.79 with my military discount. Thus, I feel, for the first time, I'm able to get a better briquette for essentially the same price

I used about 2/3 of a chimney of Weber bricks for the 90 minute tri-tip cook last night and I estimate I have another 90 minute cook left in it. Plenty for pork tenderloin or flat iron steak. It held a constant 270 throughout. I'm impressed.

Haha Czar and leftwngr, 23 bags is a good start. It's also Michael Jordan's jersey # so you know it's right.

KBB know packs an 18.6 pound bag and then they sell at $9.99. It's massaging of numbers so, in my head, I'm stoked that Weber is 20.0 pounds for $10.79 with my military discount. Thus, I feel, for the first time, I'm able to get a better briquette for essentially the same price

I am waiting for my KBB supply to die down before I open my first bag. Hopefully it is an every day low price but you never know with Lowe's. And I always thought your Shirley was a trailer model. Maybe I am getting you confused with someone else from CO.

I may be misremembering since the last time i stocked up on KBB was more than two years ago, but the best sale price ive seen was $9.99 for a twin pack of 18.6lb (37.2lb) that works out to 27¢/lb.

Edit: i did not factor in taxes.

Last edited:
I could not resist so I went back and bought 10 additional bags from Lowes. 5% discount for their charge card. I have Kingsford stacked to the ceiling but I will use this for my long cooks.

Yes Siree!

Tyler fabricated a pinwheel damper with twin 3/4 inch couplings. I just bought the twin Pit Bull fans (25cfm each, 50 total), and I’m a believer. CyberQ Cloud also lets you raise and lower your set temp remotely from any smartphone or tablet.

I always run with some wood even if it’s a touch. I loaded sticks to each side and above the basket loaded with briquettes . It still keeps a lot of that true blue wood flavor. The catch is I only get 4 hours on a basket of briquettes . I understand that an RF cooker was born to breath so I’m getting as much set and forget that I can get with a cooker that normally is hands on

Nice setup. How many briquettes does your basket hold?

Alright fellas,

The Lowes by work is further out but there is a Home Depot a block away so I walked in and asked if they'll match the price. The guys (with an are you farkin kidding me face) was like "We'll match any hardware store plus give you 10% off"

Well ok then. Picked up 5 as I still have a ton of other charcoal at home.

7VjMYZFh.jpg

Last edited:
Back