Venison, Shrimp n Cheesy Grits on the Fire

You'll probably be getting more marriage proposals than usual from this one, Jeanie!

All of that is just lovely. I'm thinking of asking my allergic wife if you can be my shrimp date. We were in New Orleans a while back and I went on a shrimp & grits cleanse. I know a cleanse is supposed to be done with fruit juice or whatever, but it seemed to go pretty well with the substitution. :hungry:

And I'll say it yet again - I continue to be amazed at how consistently great your posts are - all the time, every time, each one! I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do!

Looks amazing and I've never had a grit...
Apparently N. Idaho isn't the culinary center of the universe...who would of thought?? It would figure some lake in the middle of nowhere would be, lol!

-D

Jeanie,
Your food always looks so good. Have you ever thought about making a cookbook or opening a restaurant?

As usual that is over the top. I am not a big fan of grits but seeing it plated up that way would make me a convert. I got real hungry just reading the post.
Thanks for posting.
Tom
Thanks so much, Tom! I grew up eating grits and sometimes they can be a bit bland. Hope you give shrimp and grits a try, the addition of the sauce really dresses them up nicely. :-D

I was thinking pretty much the same as Josh. You can call that camping, but "roughing it" doesn't apply. Nice meal.
lol Thanks Ron! :mrgreen:

:hail::hail::hail:

Thanks Neighbor! :)

Some kind of fine!

Thanks so much Blue! :thumb:

Once again I'd be up all night if I knew that was going to be breakfast. Looks amazing.

lol Thank you William. This has to be one of my favorite breakfasts. :-D

Jeanie,

Every time you you amaze me, you continue to amaze me more.

Yes Mam! :thumb:
Very kind of you John, thanks! :-D

You'll probably be getting more marriage proposals than usual from this one, Jeanie!

All of that is just lovely. I'm thinking of asking my allergic wife if you can be my shrimp date. We were in New Orleans a while back and I went on a shrimp & grits cleanse. I know a cleanse is supposed to be done with fruit juice or whatever, but it seemed to go pretty well with the substitution. :hungry:

And I'll say it yet again - I continue to be amazed at how consistently great your posts are - all the time, every time, each one! I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do!

lol No proposals wanted or needed. I'm happier than I've ever been. :mrgreen:
Thanks Greg! I think a shrimp and grit cleanse sounds perfect!! I'd love to do that sometime. lol
Thank you for the kind comment Greg... :hug:

Damn Jeanie, I need some of that!

Thanks Tom! I'd fedex some to you if I could. lol

Looks amazing and I've never had a grit...
Apparently N. Idaho isn't the culinary center of the universe...who would of thought?? It would figure some lake in the middle of nowhere would be, lol!

-D
You've not tasted grits? Hmmm... You're missin' out Dave. I know you could whip up a batch of this stuff if you wanted to. Your cooking is danged fine!
Thanks for the kind comment! :-D

I'll take equal portions of each. Large portions please.

Thanks Randy! I'd share if possible. lol

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Yes please! Love your lake cooks.

Thanks Neighbor! Food seems to taste better when out there. :grin:

Looks awesome Jen!!!!!!

Thanks Paul, good to see ya! :grin:

Hot Diggity Child...
Ed

Thank you Ed! :thumb:

Jeanie,
Your food always looks so good. Have you ever thought about making a cookbook or opening a restaurant?

Thanks so much Craig!
I've been offered help with a cookbook but I'm not sure the world needs another one. lol
As for a restaurant... I enjoy my free time too much. lol

Thanks again!

Amazing as always! Your posts always make me so hungry. Haha thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much Clasko! :-D

Now that's a breakfast!

Thank you Robert! :thumb:

If I camped like you, I don't think I'd ever go home! Looks tasty, Lady J!
lol Thanks Chris! It's tempting to stay out there. I see more people at the lake than I do in a month at home though. I need to make more camp food at home! :laugh:

Back