Venison, Shrimp n Cheesy Grits on the Fire

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Another camp breakfast from last time out.
I really like shrimp and grits, also venison and grits. Couldn't decide on which to make so I opted for both.

Getting the logs lit...

tjqwkk4.jpg

Heated some oil for the venision and started the grit pot.

G055K6v.jpg

Seasoned and floured the venison cubes (whitetail doe from rifle season)

WSPlita.jpg

Gave them a quick browning, til crisp but still pink in the center..

kPOQmvx.jpg

VqJRsTx.jpg

Set the venison to the side to keep warm..

dXuplDz.jpg

cubed some smoked sausage, tasso and andouille..

bF5btWn.jpg

added the meat and bacon drippin's to the venison skillet drippin's.

amkALnP.jpg

Next came the peppers, scallions, garlic and celery...

Q84nCEL.jpg

flour, seasonings and chicken stock... let er simmer til thickened..

rMiaqqo.jpg

JpoWsYW.jpg

Added cheese to the grits, bacon to the sauce and tossed on a few shrimp..

i8DSDc4.jpg

sDOWERj.jpg

Pretty much it. Breakfast was ready!

QPTgh4J.jpg

I topped my grits with sauce, then went for both the venison and the shrimp..

tMsykIn.jpg

ai0lriW.jpg

JQvGFaR.jpg

I was a happy girl. lol
This is one of my favorite breakfasts, whether at home or camping. The campfire really adds a lot of flavor to the whole meal though.

Thanks for looking!

I have to agree with you Jeanie there would be know way to choose so just load up the plate with both. That plated pic looks worthy of a cover shot for your recipe book.

I have to agree with you Jeanie there would be know way to choose so just load up the plate with both. That plated pic looks worthy of a cover shot for your recipe book.

Thank you Bill! I love the shrimp and venison equally in this breakfast. It's too hard to choose one. Very kind of you! :)

dammit!!! you've done it again!

shrimp & cheesy grits is one of my absolute favorites and you killed it. never thought of doing them over fire. now i will!

i am gonna send some gremlins to steal your camera so my salivary ducts can recover...

dammit!!! you've done it again!

shrimp & cheesy grits is one of my absolute favorites and you killed it. never thought of doing them over fire. now i will!

i am gonna send some gremlins to steal your camera so my salivary ducts can recover...

lol Thanks Wookiee! They're one of my favorites too. Hope you give em a try over a fire, they're pretty tasty!

Oh my! That looks indescribably delishious!!!:thumb:

Thanks so much Hoss! :-D

As usual that is over the top. I am not a big fan of grits but seeing it plated up that way would make me a convert. I got real hungry just reading the post.
Thanks for posting.
Tom

I was thinking pretty much the same as Josh. You can call that camping, but "roughing it" doesn't apply. Nice meal.

Back