THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I make both of these every so often but had not made the pull bread to use as the "dippin'" bread for the shrimp sauce. Thanks to Adams for the suggestion!

I started the shrimp sauce first. (This is New Orlean's style bbq'd shrimp.)

Fried some bacon, added butter to the drippin's, garlic, scallions, thyme, basil, oregano, cracked black pepper, dijon mustard, crab boil, hot sauce.. I think that was all.

2zlkAmc.jpg

elgaC8u.jpg

Tossed with the shrimp, then into the drum at 275F til done.

79nOlqS.jpg

ucIrUrS.jpg

NOcfoND.jpg

Made my pull bread..

More bacon, drippin's, butter, garlic, scallions...

KuxKxwD.jpg

Scored the loaf of bread, filled with mozarrella and this time I went with Oaxaca cheese.

kjNqRyq.jpg

tv5QrZm.jpg

Filled the nooks and crannies with the garlic butter, scallions and bacon drippin's..

jXHGFEj.jpg

into the drum til hot and bubbly... about 20 minutes at 275F

g2C3y5X.jpg

YFtFtP2.jpg

I had to grab some bread first..

YEPzmJP.jpg

Super. NO style bbq shrimp, pull bread and a cold beer to wash it down.

mAwAenA.jpg

Dipped the garlic, bacon, cheesy pull bread into the sauce...

LnrKIhS.jpg

It was a winner. lol
I was covered pretty much to my elbows with garlic butter and bacon drippin's but it was worth it.

Sorry for so many pics, but thanks for looking!

And for a while, the earth was right.
Outstanding

Thanks Adams! I appreciate you suggesting the combo. I usually go with pepperjack in the bread, but skipped it this time so I could taste the spicy shrimp sauce. I'll be doing this again.
Thanks! :grin:

Damn, i NEED to make that pull bread one of these days. Every time you post it, it looks SOOO GOOOOD!!!!

Shrimp ain't too shabby either...

Beautiful looking meal Jeanie. Your pull bread is going to haunt me until I make some. Really need to make time for that. Thanks for posting

Beautiful looking meal Jeanie. Your pull bread is going to haunt me until I make some. Really need to make time for that. Thanks for posting

Thanks Joe! I hope you give it a go. It really tastes nice when smoked.
I use a dense bread so it will soak up the butter and bacon drippings without falling apart! Keep me posted if you make it please. :grin:

Oh my!!!Be still,my heart! That is a HEAVENLY creation!Thumbs up on using the. "Head on".Adds so much flavor.VERY IMPRESSIVE! :thumb:

Oh my!!!Be still,my heart! That is a HEAVENLY creation!Thumbs up on using the. "Head on".Adds so much flavor.VERY IMPRESSIVE! :thumb:

Thanks Hoss! I prefer the head on too. :grin:
Hope the storms aren't reaching your area. Stay safe!

All that looks amazing, Jeanie! And that pull bread - amazing! I can't make it very much 'cause I eat way too much. It's on the same list as jerky, smoked almonds, etc. - no control whatsoever.

Great pix of great food - hope all is well over there!

Back