Tried out the Craigslist XL BGE today (Pics).

Don't cook any fish in that lovely thing :) I imagine the stone would absorb that fish odor for a very long time! I probalby wouldn't do hot dogs/ sausages in it either.

Those eggs can be cranked up to like 900F right? Perhaps that would wipe out an lingering odors?

I'm clueless about eggs :)

Don't cook any fish in that lovely thing :) I imagine the stone would absorb that fish odor for a very long time! I probalby wouldn't do hot dogs/ sausages in it either.

Those eggs can be cranked up to like 900F right? Perhaps that would wipe out an lingering odors?

I'm clueless about eggs :)

Fish isn't really an issue. You may want to wipe down the grates a little more than usual once you're done. Sausage and tube steaks REALLY aren't a problem. Lighter fluid, on the other hand, is a whole other thing.

Bam, nice score and nice food man! An XL for 6 bills with accessories is a steal.

They will have to pry mine out of my hands when I'm dead. Love that thing.

Just curious about the Akron is it a good cooker? I have been thinking about trying to talk the wife into a kamado. Nice craigslist big green egg.

I own the akorn and as far as I am concerned it does a compliant job on anything I throw at it. I would like a BGEXL but that is more of a status thing and if I had that kind of money to play with I would save a little more and get a trailer unit with reverse flow...

The worst problem with the Kamado style cookers is space for ribs. I can fit 4 butts, 3 briskets, 3 turkeys in my smoker I can only fit 4 racks of ribs vertical and 2 horizontal. If you don't entertain with ribs then grab one.

Back