Tried out the Craigslist XL BGE today (Pics).

rsj7855

Knows what a fatty is.
I posted late last week that I was contemplating a Craigslist BGE...it ended up being XL.

Today I made Spatchcocked Chicken, Short ribs (they call them Dinosaur ribs at my local HEB), and Baby back ribs on this new egg. Wife said it all tasted better than what comes out of the Akorn (it was pretty comparable to me). I am just happy she's happy with the purchase.

Remind me not to try cutting baby backs with a knife...they fell apart. Wife enjoys them slightly overcooked (fall off the bone). No complaints here either way. She devoured a chicken breast off that yardbird for lunch.

The short ribs were delicious (salt, pepper, garlic powder).

Your egg looks like its in great shape. Congrats on you second kamado.

It's not the newest generation of XL's (the ones with the long handle) but it was taken very good care of from inspecting it. No cracks, just a little color on the cast iron exhaust but no biggy.

Food looks farkin awesome! Nice score on the egg!

Where you able to talk him down on the price any? $600 was already a great price but I like to haggle. Lol

Food looks farkin awesome! Nice score on the egg!

Where you able to talk him down on the price any? $600 was already a great price but I like to haggle. Lol

It actually was a 'her'. I told my buddy that if it was a LBGE negotiations would ensue but if it was XL it would be fine. It did come in nest, with pizza stone and plate setter. Plate setter wasn't mentioned before. "Eggcessories" alone were a cost savings to say the least...so needless to say $600.

It actually was a 'her'. I told my buddy that if it was a LBGE negotiations would ensue but if it was XL it would be fine. It did come in nest, with pizza stone and plate setter. Plate setter wasn't mentioned before. "Eggcessories" alone were a cost savings to say the least...so needless to say $600.

Helluva deal brother!

I'm pretty jealous you got such a good deal. I sure would like to try a BGE but haven't committed enough to the idea to spend the money for a new one yet.

Just curious about the Akron is it a good cooker? I have been thinking about trying to talk the wife into a kamado. Nice craigslist big green egg.

You can bring that CI vent back to "like new" the same as any CI.

Great score

Just curious. You are talking about the new BGE, and the food off the new BGE, but the first picture shows no smoke from the new BGE...

Just curious. You are talking about the new BGE, and the food off the new BGE, but the first picture shows no smoke from the new BGE...

My apologies. The first picture is from Saturday when I was able to procure the BGE. The food was cooked yesterday (Monday, MLK Day).

Back