28lb Brisket at RD!! Can't Not Buy It Right?! (pics of the monster inside)

Yeah! But I'm sure that has nothing to do with the brisket and more about Child Protective Services!!!

Pfffffttttttttt. That's only partially true........in most counties........in the state of Georgia. I mean you wander drunk into one chuckie cheese wearing a leisure suit screaming at the top of your lungs that "you know the band" while they try to throw you out and they get all police'y on ya.

So the beast has its good days and bad. Today it was talking back a little, so I had to scold it and showed it what could happen if it didn't behave :wink:

Oh and we are 2 weeks out from cooking it!! December 26th at my parents who don't live far. Gonna have a big gathering. I'm quite interested to see how long it takes to thaw. I might put it in the fridge today :-D

wow, pretty incredible! i got my hands on a 18.5lb brisket this summer but that thing is massive.

This thread is so funny it makes me angry...

So angry that I went down stairs and grabbed a rack of ribs out of my freezer and slapped it across the face and started yelling at it.

I told it how disappointed I was with it and that it wouldn't amount to anything and that it should come read this thread and see what a real piece of meat looks like.

I went back upstairs and wept for over an hour. I could hear the rack of ribs crying in the basement too.

Sorry, no pics because we all know that no pics = didn't happen. Isn't that right, officer...?

what'ca gonna cook her on if you sell the Shirley???

It is quite a conundrum.........I am rolling the dice that it could sell before that day. With all the inquiries so far it's not looking promising, but no one has pulled the trigger yet (though it's only been a day).

So if it sells I guess the oven?? :clap2:

That 22 WSM could handle her. I've done a 21 pounder on my 18 WSM using an upside down SS bowl top rack under the dome.

That 22 WSM could handle her. I've done a 21 pounder on my 18 WSM using an upside down SS bowl top rack under the dome.

No dice on the 22 WSM without some bending. This is my xl egg which grate is 24" and it barely fits.

Back