THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice lookin Tri tip. I tend to steer away from sweet as well with this cut. Try using APLs Four season blend( basically a tri tip rub), then baste with his Basic Baste( a fat baste with olive oil, butter, rendered fat etc). Its a great tri tip.

I'll have to try that with another piece of beef, I don't find tri tip in this area much.

That looks great aawa!

I also agree with what's been said here. Beef doesn't need sweet or much of anything else. I like a more peppery beef rub, Montreal Steak for example. Also add sea salt and garlic powder. And as you said aawa, people love to smother things in condiments. When someone at a cook I did asked for A1 I said "that's for lousy tasting meat, try it before you add any stuff to it."

That looks great aawa!

I also agree with what's been said here. Beef doesn't need sweet or much of anything else. I like a more peppery beef rub, Montreal Steak for example. Also add sea salt and garlic powder. And as you said aawa, people love to smother things in condiments. When someone at a cook I did asked for A1 I said "that's for lousy tasting meat, try it before you add any stuff to it."

A lot of my friends thought that bbq meant the sauce. I always serve sauces on the side in squeeze bottles when I have people over. I will normally have 4-6 different sauces and they used to ask me what I recommended. I tell them, I don't eat fresh bbq with sauce because I don't feel it needs it and then recommend the sauces (shack sauce w/ pulled pork etc) I have converted at least 6 people to eating bbq without sauce if it had come off the pit within a few hours.

:thumb: Rite on!!!

I know a lot of folks believe there has to be a sauce, but once they try fresh off the pit, and properly rested in some cases, not ribs imo, they realize how awesome the meat actually tastes

I love Tri-tip if you can find them try one with the full fat cap on cook it fat side up. Then just carve the fat off before serving.

Looking good! Unfortunately I can't find Tri-tip around here, they either don't know what it is:shocked::wacko: .... or the response is "if you buy a case I'll order it for you" gee thanks.:twitch:

Back