Tri-Tip Adam Perry Lang Style (pron)

Nice lookin Tri tip. I tend to steer away from sweet as well with this cut. Try using APLs Four season blend( basically a tri tip rub), then baste with his Basic Baste( a fat baste with olive oil, butter, rendered fat etc). Its a great tri tip.

I'll have to try that with another piece of beef, I don't find tri tip in this area much.

That looks great aawa!

I also agree with what's been said here. Beef doesn't need sweet or much of anything else. I like a more peppery beef rub, Montreal Steak for example. Also add sea salt and garlic powder. And as you said aawa, people love to smother things in condiments. When someone at a cook I did asked for A1 I said "that's for lousy tasting meat, try it before you add any stuff to it."

That looks great aawa!

I also agree with what's been said here. Beef doesn't need sweet or much of anything else. I like a more peppery beef rub, Montreal Steak for example. Also add sea salt and garlic powder. And as you said aawa, people love to smother things in condiments. When someone at a cook I did asked for A1 I said "that's for lousy tasting meat, try it before you add any stuff to it."

A lot of my friends thought that bbq meant the sauce. I always serve sauces on the side in squeeze bottles when I have people over. I will normally have 4-6 different sauces and they used to ask me what I recommended. I tell them, I don't eat fresh bbq with sauce because I don't feel it needs it and then recommend the sauces (shack sauce w/ pulled pork etc) I have converted at least 6 people to eating bbq without sauce if it had come off the pit within a few hours.

:thumb: Rite on!!!

I know a lot of folks believe there has to be a sauce, but once they try fresh off the pit, and properly rested in some cases, not ribs imo, they realize how awesome the meat actually tastes

I love Tri-tip if you can find them try one with the full fat cap on cook it fat side up. Then just carve the fat off before serving.

Looking good! Unfortunately I can't find Tri-tip around here, they either don't know what it is:shocked::wacko: .... or the response is "if you buy a case I'll order it for you" gee thanks.:twitch:

Back