THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like Swiggin' Pig took each of the last two Tennessee Comps, so unless something I am not expecting happens, or if teams don't send in paperwork, TN is below:

Tennessee
Bubba's Tennessee Smokers
River City Rub
The Q-Team
Moonswiners
Smokehouse Mafia
Swiggin' Pig (x4)
Allegro
Warren County Pork Choppers

dmp

Mid Atlantic is complete - good luck to all next Friday

Autos
3 Eyz - 7 wins
Chix Swine & Bovine - Hedgesville WV comp
Gone Hoggin.com - Middletown DE comp
DC Firefighters - D.C. Comp

Draws
Maryland
4:20 Q
Deguello BBQ
Jack's Old South
Local Smokin Gurus
Cool Smoke
Serial Griller

New Jersey

3 Men & a Baby Back
Finn's Finest

New York

BBQ Brethren
Buffalo Meatheads
Fett Svin
Hart Attack
Jacked Up
Q'n Canucks
Shortville Smokers
Smoke on Wheels
Ribs Within

Pennsylvania
Aporkalypse Now
Lo-N-Slo
Pigs in Blankets
Smokin Gnome
BBQ Guru

Virginia

Hog-It-Up BBQ
Lo-N-Slo
Piedmont Pit BBQ
Serial Griller x 2
Tarheel Smokers

Will someone be on the inside this year posting the draw??

Since I live 90 minutes away, I'll be there, hoping my team gets a draw. But I don't think it deserves all the hype because when it comes down to it, the Jack is a beauty contest. There's no way anyone can apply to judge--all judges are handpicked. A good number of judges are KCBS in name only. A big reason they stage a judging class each year in Lynchburg two days before the Jack is so all the insider/celebrity judges can sit the class and become KCBS judges just in time for the contest. It's the first and last contest some of them will ever judge.

I took my class there a few years ago and was confused when the instructor asked "how many are judging the Jack this weekend" and a dozen hands went up, including the woman next to me. I asked her how you get picked before you're even a judge and she laughed and said, "No, no...I'm only doing this because I was picked to judge. It's a social thing." I've learned since that she was completely right. Try and find out how judges are selected--they won't tell you.

In my opinion, the Jack is a party, and the American Royal owns the real bragging rights.

Back