Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Summerfest- New Holland, PA

Sorry to hear it Brother, didn't Bandit come down with you guys last year? Hope you can jump in with somebody else.

He did as did Mike Fay. This year I gave up my spot so I am hoping to be able to join someone for the Comp

Sounds good, hope you can get in, bring Bandit and Mike by and I'll share some cold beverages. Camping in the park this year, not competing but still on staff. I'll probably bring my kettle in for eats.

We won't be there but I just wanted to wish you guys luck. I always enjoyed NH whether there was stifling heat or torrential downpours. It's a nice venue and it's well run by a great bunch of folks. My friend Jim and I will be at the Garry Maddox thing in Philly and it will likely be our last competition, at least as the Backyard All-Stars.

Anyway, once again good luck. I'll be rooting for you guys.

Tasty Licks BBQ Supply will be there competing. Hope to do better than last year and we're looking forward to this event which is now our "home" event.
FB/SGP

Most teams are very receptive on Friday. Stop by and introduce yourself, ask questions and enjoy. We have plenty of help, but always have time for fellow Q'ers.

as a noob thinking about getting into comp bbq I will be walking around and observing, getting ideas on how to setup and what all is required.

As I got in too late for the KCBS, will be competing with the kids on Friday morning/afternoon in ribs and chicken. I will have a rack or two left over so anyone who wants a few bones come by around 1-4 PM. Have fun and good luck to all Brethren on Saturday

As I got in too late for the KCBS, will be competing with the kids on Friday morning/afternoon in ribs and chicken. I will have a rack or two left over so anyone who wants a few bones come by around 1-4 PM. Have fun and good luck to all Brethren on Saturday

ribs? the kids q is
chicken
beef
anything butt.

parents are NOT allowed to "help" at all. the kids must do it all. when I called they did say I could put my wsm together for the kids but they have to start the fire. So trimming etc will be monitored closely.

I belive turnins start after 4, so you may want to check with NewHolland. Call Chuck with any questions, he is a big help.

Smokin Gnome, I forgot the categories. I was going to check tomorrow when we got back from vacation. :cool:

Yep, I did read the no parent rule, liked that a lot, so somebody doesn't come down and beat on the little guys :-D I do absolutely everything myself, so that's no issue. It feels kinda lame doing a couple KCBSs and then stepping back into the kids crap, but oh well.

Still will have leftover food on Friday so come on over. Thanks for reminding me,

-TF

Sal's times are correct, I just verified on our site. By the way, forecast as of now looks great, highs in mid 80's, lows at night in low 60's, little to no chance of rain.

Back