Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Summerfest- New Holland, PA

John,

No problem Brother! I just wanted to make sure there were no doubts out there. We would never sacrifice our integrity as organizers for the sake of getting one team in.

This year has been a weird one for us on our end. We've dropped around 10 teams since last year (the economy I guess) and burned through our waiting list without even filling up. Bottom line, we as a committee are here to facilitate you guys, the teams who come here on their own hard earned dime, to try to make this weekend go as smoothly as possible.

Personally, even though I'm only on my end as an organizer/committee member, I look forward to this all year. I can't wait, it's going to be a blast! I'm planning on pitching a tent, come by for a cold one, when I'm not riding around on a golf cart I'll be at my tent on the west side of the park (close to the large basketball court.) I'll have a cooler of bud lite lime, stop by we'll have a cold one.

Sincerely,

Glenn

Glenn,
From as "attendee" standpoint of view for the past 4 years, you and the rest of the crew have done a great job. From the feedback I see and read, the folks that are in the competition would agree. The food and overall hospitality you guys put forth is great!

I just hope to to be in the comp next year!!!!!!!

Our extended thanks go out to you all for inviting us at the last minute to be in the event! Only problem there is mine!!!! We just couldn't make it.

wallace

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow or Saturday Wallace, the beer at my tent offer goes out to all Brethren.

Glenn

Bummer I was hoping to get clint's (SIDE) old spot, man that was primo, and we need every second some times, lol

really??? its kinda close to me and there was this guy with a cape hanging out there...what a weirdo!!! he had a huge chili throphie and was yelling about the freshness of wood....looked familier..:roll:

Remember that time I missed rib turn-ins by one second and my site was only ten steps from the table? That was funny! Not. Sal get me a t-shirt or something from the venders.

This year has been a weird one for us on our end. We've dropped around 10 teams since last year (the economy I guess) and burned through our waiting list without even filling up.

I bet it was less to do with the economy and more to do with a Sam's Club event being scheduled the same weekend. Some teams that were at New Holland last year are competing at the Sam's event in New Jersey. I know attendance at New Paltz suffered because of the LI Sam's event.

Erik

Cool Smoke a late entry, Clint, Tuffy got Smoke In Da Eye's old spot.

Now Jack can harass him all weekend! Honestly it's a tight spot. I hope he's not planning on parking his trailer there.

Anyway, send my regards to him and Jack from Memphis!

Now Jack can harass him all weekend! Honestly it's a tight spot. I hope he's not planning on parking his trailer there.

Anyway, send my regards to him and Jack from Memphis!

Unfortunately Jack is out too this year, Tuffy might have both spots...

I gotta say Clint: your team was always an inspiration to me as a guy hoping to compete in the future. Bringing the kids and making it a family affair made it look do-able to my wife and I (we have 4 little ones from 8 to 3). You are missed this weekend. Blessings to you and your family.

Glenn

John,

No problem Brother! I just wanted to make sure there were no doubts out there. We would never sacrifice our integrity as organizers for the sake of getting one team in.

This year has been a weird one for us on our end. We've dropped around 10 teams since last year (the economy I guess) and burned through our waiting list without even filling up. Bottom line, we as a committee are here to facilitate you guys, the teams who come here on their own hard earned dime, to try to make this weekend go as smoothly as possible.

Personally, even though I'm only on my end as an organizer/committee member, I look forward to this all year. I can't wait, it's going to be a blast! I'm planning on pitching a tent, come by for a cold one, when I'm not riding around on a golf cart I'll be at my tent on the west side of the park (close to the large basketball court.) I'll have a cooler of bud lite lime, stop by we'll have a cold one.

Sincerely,

Glenn

I'm on the same side next to the pavillion by the bball courts

Unfortunately Jack is out too this year, Tuffy might have both spots...

I gotta say Clint: your team was always an inspiration to me as a guy hoping to compete in the future. Bringing the kids and making it a family affair made it look do-able to my wife and I (we have 4 little ones from 8 to 3). You are missed this weekend. Blessings to you and your family.

Glenn

Clint an inspiration? Wow, now thats a first

Hey, had the opportunity to meet some of you (Friday Night)today, and the hospitality was awsome. I introduced myself as the backyarder! lol and just learning, with never competing in bbq for sure. Just love this stuff! Good luck to all, and Thank you for Sharing your experience! and Love for the real Q. Special Shout out to 5-0 BBQ
Kitty Sambuco, for the love of Sweet Street Desserts!

If someone doesn't have full results later I should have them from Chuck tonight.

I gotta say, I am dead tired but had a great weekend. Thanks to all the guys who let me ask tons of questions and had great input. John (butt head BBQ) Steve (5-0 BBQ), Tom and Michelle (Lo and Slo), Chip (Red Lion Spicy Food), Red (Tiny's BBQ) Joe and Madge (Sizzle thinks he's better than bacon?), Chris and Dan (3 Eyz), Sal (smokingnome) and Mike (aporkalypse/slamdunkpro) and any other brethren I missed.

From my perspective as one of the organizers it went great but we love feed back so if you guys have input send it my way. John, I've already addressed the possessed dusk to dawn light on the west side lol. Until next time, cause I don't do any other comps, keep rocking brothers. Congratulations to everyone who walked!

Oh, final thought, doing cleanup after the event: you guys left the park spotless. All we had to do was get our water and electric lines wrapped up and stowed. I saw zero trash laying around the park, great job representing our culture and way of life :)

Glenn

Nice to meet you Glen, if only briefly. You guys put on a fantastic competition. Thanks for the porta pottys down on the lower end. Always one of our favorite comps.

Nice to meet you Glen, if only briefly. You guys put on a fantastic competition. Thanks for the porta pottys down on the lower end. Always one of our favorite comps.

Likewise Brother, I wish I could have gotten down your way a little more this year, we try to divide up the park a little so we are not all running around the full 5 acre park lol. The only shaded spot we could find for our tent was up next to lo n Slo and 5-0 BBQ. Next year we'll hang on the West Side :)

By the way, just saw in your bio you are retired from Philly PD. you might know my current Chief where I work, Kieth Sadler...he's good man. Best boss I've worked for.

Back