THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well to give my opinion i stopped in willie b's yesterday after work, my night to cook. wil was off so i had to try and choose what i wanted so i basically ordered the menu. rack of ribs, whole chicken, platter of brisket, and six sides including five extra corn muffins. by the way the corn muffins are the bomb. i could live on those alone. brisket was good but they gave me a sandwich by accident(no big deal), i would suggest the platter because i think there would be a little more juice, i dont like a dry brisket. taste was excellent. the chicken was perfect as per the whole family and my fellow patrons at work who were lucky enough to try the leftovers. cole slaw was good but he had north carolina style that night so you need to like cole slaw with more of a vinegar taste. french fries and garlic mashed were fair and the ribs were tasty but a tad overcooked for me. sauce was excellent. overall i rate the place a 9.5 out of 10 and i have eaten in most bbq places in ny and abroad. willie b is going to put smokin al's to shame. just one question for wil did you really meet daisy duke?????? you have a signed autograph in the restaurant, just wondering!!!! would of tried the smoked sausage but none was available, next time. anytime any brethren headed that way give me a ring and maybe ill join you.

i was in last night with myu cousin, coming back from the welding shop where we are working on the bandera..

got me a big ass brisket sammich that i been hankering about for 4 days. God that was good.. but after 4 days of drooling over pictures on this site, i think famous daves may have done it..

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been experiencing a bit of a computer melt down at home, so I was not logging in for the past few weeks. I made a pit stop on Willie Bs on my way home from picking up my Klose a few weeks ago. My wife and I had pulled pork sandwich and a brisket sandwich on the bench outside, they were delicious. Next summer I know where to do my shopping before any shows at Jones Beach.

I finally made it over to Willie B's last night and it was great. I have met Will a couple of times and competitions and judging classes but never had the opportunity to sit and chat with him. Will is a great guy and very hospitable. We hung out for awhile, had a couple of beers, and I took some ribs home to split with the girlfriend (she was making swordfish...in order to try and get us to eat healthy). Instead we had the ultimate Surf n Turf. Swordfish steaks and Willie B wet ribs!!! Yummilicious!! Looking forward to my next visit.

PS.... I guess its safe (or unsafe) to say that Will showed me his (cherry)wood and I tasted his ribs.

It's Sunday (10/22) about 2:20 pm. I get off work @ 3:00 and i'm heading over to Willie B's. Should be there around 3:30ish. Anyone want to join me? See ya there.

Stopped in last night on my way home from work.
As I am cooking a pork butt, brisket and a couple of fatties this Saturday for the Annual Masquerade Escapade, aka Halloween Party, I needed to pick up a couple of bottles of rub, using the Spice blend on the brisket and the infamous Bourbon on the pork.
Always a pleasure to visit with Will, swap stories, ideas and techniques etc.
This, I believe is my official 200th post as I am now officially in the land of Farkdom.
Great to be here.
Regards to all,
Wes

That was my plans to.. was reminded this morning that I cant... 20 teenagers coming over for a halloween/costume party... :eek:

There is an upside.. At least i get to cook. :eusa_clap :mrgreen:

BBQchef33 said:
That was my plans to.. was reminded this morning that I cant... 20 teenagers coming over for a halloween/costume party... :eek:

There is an upside.. At least i get to cook. :eusa_clap :mrgreen:

Bring em with you.

What do you have planned Smoker, is it like Hansel & Gretel except you've got the big couldron to cook the kids in?

Wine & Swine said:
What do you have planned Smoker, is it like Hansel & Gretel except you've got the big couldron to cook the kids in?

nope.........a Southern Pride

Back