Stopped in to Willie B's tonight

Will - Are you working on Sunday's during football season ? I know the Jets have the 1PM game tomorrow.

Anyone else around that may also want to stop in for a few ? Looks like I have a free afternoon...

Last edited:
went striper fishin today... stopped at willyBs on the way home with a few friends.. and a case of beer... nice to get real Q, that I dont have to cook, and can still enjoy.. friends loved the stuff and ook a batch of menus to bring to work.. Willy.. hope u wont mind feeding the Long Island Rail road. :)

i been trying to get to Willie B's, but time has prevented me from doing so. what time are you open to at night Will?

phil

you all need to spend more time there
yes boys and girls i am home for the first time in almost 2 weeks before midnight.
Vinny i am always there
we are open till 10 every night but Friday there is a miss print on the menu
Phil did bring beer and thats almost gone anyone who wants to hang out and try to listen the game on the radio is more then welcome

Went down to Willie B's today for a few hours....Brought Will a present to hang on his BBQ Wall..his very own official 8" x 10" photo in frame of Bad Bones BBQ Crew team logo with personalized inscription... Maybe not as good as a case of beer, but it's better than a picture of Chevy Chase...

Rich(djmarko) was already hangin out in the back watching Willie and his team fill orders... We ate some ribs, sliced steak and fries...

Rich and I also got to watch Will manage his staff... " Remember... A.B.C." - "Always Be Cleaning". "If you're done cleaning and there's nothing else to do...clean again"...

After BS'ing for a while Rich and I took some food back home before we left (Yes...we paid !!!)... I got the Special... A Spicy BBQ Sandwich (mix of pulled pork & chicken) with some BBQ beans, garlic (and onion - at least for this day) mashed potatoes, baked cinnamon apples and some babybacks (dry with a dusting of his Bourbon Rub on top).. Will gave me some Carolina Vinegar sauce that he had made to try on the side with the ribs.. Everything was really good.

There was a customer at the counter as we were leaving. Will was up front too and asks "Is this your first time here ?"... The guys reply..."No, about my fourth".... A good sign for a place open less than two weeks.

Oh man, someone has been there four times since he opened? I've only made it three times!

And when you're there, don't forget to buy some of Will's famous rubs. That way when you can't get there, you can close your eyes and make believe that you are. Bought my family's dinner there Saturday night, and Sunday smoked some baby backs on the WSM using Willie B's Bourbon Rub.

WillieBswBourbonRub.jpg

We need a location in Dallas, because I'm tired of reading about how great this place is that takes me half a day to fly to!

Congrats again to Willie B. on living the dream!

Wait... there is a Willie B's BBQ in TX !!!!

Willie B's Barbeque

114 E Loeb St., Edinburg, TX 78539
  • Cuisines: Barbecue
  • Tel: 956.318.1373
  • Fax: (956) 318-1373

hmmmmmm

Willy is Inc. and TM..

that means all proceeds go to him. :)

MilitantSquatter said:
Rich and I also got to watch Will manage his staff... " Remember... A.B.C." - "Always Be Cleaning". "If you're done cleaning and there's nothing else to do...clean again"...
And his other favorite....GTCAB, or, GET THE COOK A(NOTHER) BEER!, Course, this is after the dinner rush, <grin>

Willie,

You better put this guy in his place !!!

Google search shows he's got a second restaurant... (found em yesterday when trying to show a friend your website.. I forgot your website ends with bbq... It took me to Willie B's Tex-Mex BBQ Sauce and Salsa company.. http://www.williebs.com/

I then went to Google to get your website and found this too with the one above ...)

Willie B's Barbeque No 2

114 E Loeb St
Edinburg, TX 78541

Contact Willie B's Barbeque No 2Phone:(956) 318-1373

Last edited:
Now, this is getting interesting.

Need to order some of this--Sounds YUMMY :lol:

TIM

Attachments

• willie_b_s_BQ_Sauce2-242x327.jpg
    willie_b_s_BQ_Sauce2-242x327.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 128
Stopped in to Willie's around 8 PM tonight on my way home from an appt. .... Picked up a Pulled Chicken Sandwich w/ BBQ beans and fries....

Real good...just like the other stuff.. He's had a small BBQ army working there tonight..

Three girls at the front counter, two or three assistants helping to cook not including himself, a cleanup guy and a delivery driver... And half of these people were not the same as the one's working last Sunday when djmarko and I were there..

Willie also told me about a big catering job he did yesterday for a breast cancer fundraiser...
I forgot all the other stuff he said he cooked, but I do recall him saying they cooked something like 600 sausages (300 hot/300 sweet)....

PS - The autographed Bad Bones BBQ Crew logo photo received a perfect spot on the wall...

Last edited:
MilitantSquatter said:
Willie also told me about a big catering job he did yesterday for a breast cancer fundraiser...
I forgot all the other stuff he said he cooked, but I do recall him saying they cooked something like 600 sausages (300 hot/300 sweet)....

PS - The autographed Bad Bones BBQ Crew logo photo received a perfect spot on the wall...

Vinny it seemed more like 6,000 sausages when we were slicing them, lol.. Will also had pulled pork, bbq'd chicken, ribs and we attempted some beef ribs that the resturant hosting the event started and gave to us to finish. A great time was had by all, the lines were long and the beer cold.

Back