So the package said Brisket, but this is waht I pulled out.........................pRon

jetfxr27

is one Smokin' Farker
So I sat out today to do my first Brisket.
Buddy dropped off one thats been in his freezer for a few months. He orders his cows a side at a time and doesn't care for the brisket.

So I mixed up some Butt Glitter.
4115491619_e1e93c242d.jpg

Set everything up and then I opened up the Brisket , lawdy Mercy what is this Thang :eek::eek::eek::eek:

4115578395_366ae5a439_o.jpg

Didn't know whether to smoke or Open rotis on an open fire. its only 1/2 inch at the thickest point. But man its long. No point , no fat just a long arse piece of meat.

So I cut it in half and rubbed her down. Onto the UDS.
4115491845_d416ab88ff.jpg

Question is how the he!! do I cook it?

Im am seriously cracking up in my office right now and everyone is looking at me like im crazy. Thank you so much, I needed that!!!! Roll that baby up and toss her in the pit!

Either you are a small small man or that is the largest flank steak I have ever seen. Chicken fried steak for 20 anyone?

Looks to me to be a chuck pectoral. Never have seen one that long before.

Mike

Sorry I can't be of any help but got a good laugh out of it!
Guees just cookk and let us know.

Cook one low and slow like a brisket and one the other hot and fast till medium. See what happens. You got it for free right?

Either you are a small small man or that is the largest flank steak I have ever seen. Chicken fried steak for 20 anyone?
What he said. Nuttin personal, but how tall are you?:tongue:

I'd like to hear an explanation from the butcher on that if you can figure out a "gracious" way to ask.

I even called my butcher (last of the ol' world butcher markets) and described the cut...he was at a loss. I for sure can't figure it out . There's no way it's just one brisket, but it sure looks like two briskets after you separated them....strange.

Danny

I'm 6 foot and heres an unedited picture. By the way it did stretch a bit under its own weight. Also the back side looked identical to the back side of spare pork ribs, so I'm thinking this is part belly as well.

4115491735_e80a6c2571_b.jpg

Back