So the package said Brisket, but this is waht I pulled out.........................pRon

I am a little surprised you could bend it that much with no stretch in the meat, not like a brisket in that way. The fact that you had that much fat could account for a little of the gamey quality. Glad it tastes good, would be a shame if it was bad. I would probably add some of the belly meat to chile just for the heck of it.

You can, or you could try my fire grilled carne asada tacos:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71883

Somewhere in the thread I give the recipe...

It's quite simple, and this is pretty much the same exact thing you get in Mexican markets from their meat counters:

Orange juice
Cilantro
Onion
Scallions
Lawry's Seasoning Salt

Sprinkle seasoning salt liberally on meat, then pour in some OJ into a pan, then place onions, scallions, and cilantro to cover, then put in one layer of meat, then repeat process for each layer of meat. Let marinate for at least 24 hours, 48 is even better. About halfway during the marinade, I flip the meat so the top layer is on the bottom and it gets a nice soaking in the OJ.

I'd love to see some pics if any of you decide to try this!

Gonna make chili with what I got.
I'll be doing the asada next time!

Holy Cow! Someone should take that picture of him holding up that flank and make it into a priceless moment.. :lol: Tears rolled out.:biggrin:

This may explain it.

4117662045_05e76244c3.jpg

that's what i was thinking. nice sidexside side. :biggrin:

It's good that poor piece of meat isn't still alive to hear all the above comments. Anyway, I don't think it's feelings would be hurt if it knew it wound up in a big pot of chili.

It's good that poor piece of meat isn't still alive to hear all the above comments. Anyway, I don't think it's feelings would be hurt if it knew it wound up in a big pot of chili.

Well half of it. The brisket half is Quesadillas!
4118742122_50d6eb7c97.jpg

Back