Smoked Blackstone Salmon

Really well done! Any tips on makin the smoked butter?

Thanks Ray! I use my smokehouse for the butter, and keep the smoke as cool as possible. I usually set the rack of butter on top of a pan of ice.
Here's a few pics on my blog...
http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2018/04/using-smokehouse-again.html

eJ5ER5u.jpg

After smoking, I wrap and freeze it. It's nice to have on hand for many things. :-D

If you don't have a way to cold smoke, this works well and it's inexpensive.
pellets in a kitchen sieve. (not my photos)
tRm48D6.jpg

NtoOquP.jpg

Hope you give it a try sometime! :grin:

Jeanie.....magic....simply magic as always!!!!!!.....LUHVV me some salmon.....but as usual yours is over the top artistic

Jeanie.....magic....simply magic as always!!!!!!.....LUHVV me some salmon.....but as usual yours is over the top artistic

Thanks Keith! :grin: Hope your new cookin' area (with attached house) is coming along nicely! Looking forward to seeing the finished build. :thumb:

Wait, a lake AND a pool?

and I was already jealous of your property. :clap:

Food looks great as always.

lol Thank you pmad! Made a little oasis in the middle of nowhere. Didn't think I'd be going anyplace else...

Holy Cow"girl"!! How did I miss this? Now that's thinking out of the box. Looks killer Neighbor!

Looks great Jeanie. I’m going to try that in my kettle pizza cooker. Wood fired of course. Thanks for the idea.

Wow, these BS pizza ovens really are versatile!!! Cool cook
Thanks Jeremy! I really like the oven, wish it had a wood burning option but the pellets worked out alright. :-D

Holy Cow"girl"!! How did I miss this? Now that's thinking out of the box. Looks killer Neighbor!
Thank you Neighbor! I've been avoiding using my house oven this summer. Just heats the house up too much. lol Hope all is well on your end of the world! :-D

Looks great Jeanie. I’m going to try that in my kettle pizza cooker. Wood fired of course. Thanks for the idea.
Thanks Ric! Bet it would be great in your wood fired oven. Keep me posted if you give er a go! :-D

Back