Smoked Blackstone Salmon

OUTSTANDING! My Mom used to make salmon croquettes ALWAYS served with rice,gravy and biscuits.Brings back good memories.

Jeanie,

Your posts are proof positive of your complete command and awesomeness as a cook. :-D

This dish did not disappoint.

Killer cook, with the Piney Seal of Approval. :-D :thumb:

That's fantastic Jeanie! You always have something new to blow our minds. I never would have thought to cook salmon on top of a bed of rice before. Thanks for broadening my horizons yet again.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Very kind of you!
The pellet packet added the flavor I wanted. I'll use it again.

@SyraQue, I envy you "salmon season". Would be nice! :cool::grin:

@Josh, Thanks! Hope you give it a try sometime. Salmon and wild rice are one of my favorite combos. :-D

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Never had that combo before - probably a little too sophisticated for my red neck upbringing. It looks super tasty. I dont have a pizza oven. Think I could “fake it “ on a plain ‘ole kettle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darlin you never disappoint....
Wondering if your next pizza cook will smell fishy? I know the smell hangs around in a smoker.
Ed

Wow! Never thought of using smoke in the BS. We have done steaks in it and they came out pretty good. That Salmon dish looks wonderful, Jeanie!

You're always expanding our minds.

Never had that combo before - probably a little too sophisticated for my red neck upbringing. It looks super tasty. I dont have a pizza oven. Think I could “fake it “ on a plain ‘ole kettle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Kevin! I've made it in a drum, charcoal smoker and on the campfire. Bet the kettle would work too. I just watch for the juice to rise to the top on the salmon. The rice takes about 25 minutes or so, and I add more stock if needed.
Hope you have great luck with it! :grin:

Kevin, I'll bet this would work great in a kettle, brother.

Mouth-watering as always, Jeanie!

Hope you snuck a post-dinner dip in the pool to cool off.

Thanks Shadow! Even if I just dive off the board, swim to the shallow end and hop out, the pool has been danged nice for cooling off this summer. :grin:

Darlin you never disappoint....
Wondering if your next pizza cook will smell fishy? I know the smell hangs around in a smoker.
Ed
Thanks so much Ed! No salmon scent but the smoke lingered awhile. I'm going to find a way to use the pouch with pizzas too. I like the additional smoke flavor. :thumb:

Wow! Never thought of using smoke in the BS. We have done steaks in it and they came out pretty good. That Salmon dish looks wonderful, Jeanie!

You're always expanding our minds.
Thanks Gary! Bet your steaks were fantastic! Hope you have great luck with the fish. :grin:

OMG That looks and sounds Outstanding I love rice and Salmon is one of my favorite Meals :hungry::hungry:

Thank you George! Rice and salmon seem to go together well. I like a bit of smoked butter on both of them too. :grin:

Hey Jeanie,
You do such a great job presenting your beautiful cooks through pictures! Have you ever thought of videoing you cooking and explaining what you're doing and posting those as tutorials? You could add them to your site, or Youtube, here, EVERYWHERE - the World According to Cowgirl! :)
Asking for a friend :)
Love ya!

As usual, looks absolutely incredible...probably tasted even better.

Have said it before: you belong on Food Network. At the very least, a guest appearance on Pioneer Woman. Reality is your dishes are so creative you should have your own show.

Hey Jeanie,
You do such a great job presenting your beautiful cooks through pictures! Have you ever thought of videoing you cooking and explaining what you're doing and posting those as tutorials? You could add them to your site, or Youtube, here, EVERYWHERE - the World According to Cowgirl! :)
Asking for a friend :)
Love ya!
Thank you Dan! As much as I love cooking, I don't have time for another hobby. I cook for friends and family, that's enough. Maybe I'll think about it when life slows down for me. lol Thanks again Friend! :hug:

Yummers! I can almost taste it, I'm gonna try that on a kettle for sure.
Thanks JB! Hope it works out well for ya!

As usual, looks absolutely incredible...probably tasted even better.

Have said it before: you belong on Food Network. At the very least, a guest appearance on Pioneer Woman. Reality is your dishes are so creative you should have your own show.
Thanks! Very kind of you! That would cut into my hunting and fishing time. lol :laugh:

Thanks Jeannie, I'm going to have to try that with some Steelhead I have waiting to be smoked.

Back