THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What offset firebox would you choose or did you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just do it!! :-D From the sounds of it your heart is set on the insulated FB. I hate being on the fence like that and when I am I usually say fark it and I go for it. I know I'm no help.:biggrin1:

That's going to be one badass cooker. Can't wait to see it.

You know you want or just went with one on the left. You don't really need it but what the hell. It'll definitely come in handy one day.:becky:

2015-GMC-Canyon-17-720x340.jpg

When I bought my last cooker I talked myself out of things that I really wanted because of the $$ and a year later it still bothers me a little.

i def understand this....but this is exactly why when i buy things(which is rare and always something expensive) i get EVERYTHING i want on it...to me taking that extra month to save up just that little bit more makes it worthwhile and you arent standing there looking at this thing saying...why didnt i do this or that........

im with u on the ss shelf...i contemplated getting it but its not like im going to do meat trimming or prep work on it...so what would be the point...its just a shelf that will be holding pans lol..

i did however make one addition to my shirley order....a griddle plate....i saw a guy make wood fired pizzas in his SF warmer box using a granite stone and the griddle plate...so bam...spending that extra $50 will end up saving me essentially about $1600 since now i can make pizzas on it and i dont have to go out and by that bge or grill dome(which was going to be mainly used for pizzas lol)

i def understand this....but this is exactly why when i buy things(which is rare and always something expensive) i get EVERYTHING i want on it...to me taking that extra month to save up just that little bit more makes it worthwhile and you arent standing there looking at this thing saying...why didnt i do this or that........

im with u on the ss shelf...i contemplated getting it but its not like im going to do meat trimming or prep work on it...so what would be the point...its just a shelf that will be holding pans lol..

i did however make one addition to my shirley order....a griddle plate....i saw a guy make wood fired pizzas in his SF warmer box using a granite stone and the griddle plate...so bam...spending that extra $50 will end up saving me essentially about $1600 since now i can make pizzas on it and i dont have to go out and by that bge or grill dome(which was going to be mainly used for pizzas lol)
I looked up the griddle. Looks like Charred Apron might have been the first one to request this. I didn't like where he said that it got so hot that it peeled some paint and the door was temporarily warped shut. My luck it would warp shut with the pizza still inside. Let me know how it works. Maybe keeping the temp below 1,000 degrees might help.:-D That is something that Paul could ship out if I change my mind later. Thanks for letting me know about that.

haha yea i wont be running it THAT hot lol......yea i thought about having him ship it later but...that thing is going to be heavy so i figured why not just get it now

Here is my build that I have going on, should be done Mid April......

24x 65 trailer (right now I have the standard Main Chamber but really leaning towards cabinet doors after this thread)
Insulated Firebox
Woodbox
Stainless Shelf
3 Wireless Probe Inserts
Hip Roof
Double Burner on the front (ordered the large Griddle from Tejas Smokers http://www.tejassmokers.com/hot_plates.htm to go on top of the burners)
5 total Racks/Shelves in the Warmer
Sausage Rods in the Warmer
Damper from Firebox to the Warmer
Chrome Wheels with mounted Spare
Trailer Painted Mizzou Gold :thumb:
I also sent Paul some Mizzou Logos I had some guy waterjet out of 1/4 in plate to go on the cooker. :thumb:

Is it mid April yet?

24x 65 trailer (right now I have the standard Main Chamber but really leaning towards cabinet doors after this thread)
Insulated Firebox
Woodbox
Stainless Shelf
3 Wireless Probe Inserts
Hip Roof
Double Burner on the front (ordered the large Griddle from Tejas Smokers http://www.tejassmokers.com/hot_plates.htm to go on top of the burners)
I also sent Paul some Mizzou Logos I had some guy waterjet out of 1/4 in plate to go on the cooker. :thumb:

Is it mid April yet?

That, my friend, is gonna be one beautiful cooker!

Insulated Firebox
Woodbox
Stainless Shelf
3 Wireless Probe Inserts
Hip Roof

Is it mid April yet?
Ok. I feel better now. You are worse than me, or better, with all your options.:crazy: I thought about the burner but with the modified trailer and the removable tongue I don't think there is any place to put it. I am hoping this thing will fit in my garage so when I go on vacation I will not be up all night worrying. One of the cars can sit outside. I don't really care as much about them.

It is not mid April but you are getting really close. I guess the Mizzou logos are ok. At least they are not ou logos.:boxing:

Ok. I feel better now. You are worse than me, or better, with all your options.:crazy: I thought about the burner but with the modified trailer and the removable tongue I don't think there is any place to put it. I am hoping this thing will fit in my garage so when I go on vacation I will not be up all night worrying. One of the cars can sit outside. I don't really care as much about them.

It is not mid April but you are getting really close. I guess the Mizzou logos are ok. At least they are not ou logos.:boxing:

Man my list was about half that size when I started. Kept adding stuff as I would see other builds...lol. Now you guys really got me wanting to add Cabinet doors. The double burner will not work on a modified trailer with the removable tongue. Paul is checking to see if there is anyway it can be done on a modified trailer with the standard tongue. If it won't fit I will have to go with the standard trailer. I can fit the standard trailer in my 3rd car Garage but it will literally take up the whole space. I'd really like the extra garage space with the modified trailer but I might have to go full size depending on what Paul and Tyler decide.

I was sick this week and just saw this post. I feel so much better about not being the only difficult customer for Paul.

I thought I knew what I wanted and sent him a spec. Done.....or so I thought.

Damn Youtube and Facebook videos got me to thinking. Then it got me to having my wife say what the budget. I said your right, what about the budget.

I have ADD I proclaimed, and I was too busy being distracted by all the cool amazing shiny objects he has.

In the end, I went from a mostly basic model to upgrading everything out on his patio model with a warmer. My wife and I both looked at everything I was getting and realized this thing isn't just a smoker, but an investment.

We save hundreds if not thousands of dollars every year by making deli meats, sausage, bacon and other things like many of you have described on here, and things I will certainly pimp you all out on later. When we realized that every option upgraded was with purpose instead of desire, it was an easy decision.

My next post on here will be "The people who can't make up there mind when buying a Shirley Fabrication Smoker Anonymous Club". I figured I was the only difficult person with changing my mind every video he added.

my wife kept telling me to quit calling paul that i was going to make him mad. never seemed to bother him though. i made two changes the day before i went to pickit up.

my wife kept telling me to quit calling paul that i was going to make him mad. never seemed to bother him though. i made two changes the day before i went to pickit up.

i cannot even count how many emails ive sent to paul...changes here...changes there.....even twice i have completely changed the ENTIRE form factor of the cooker itself....still nothing but polite and professional and just plain old nice in return from him even tho I was thinking I had to be driving the man insane. Great people and even more glad I have chosen them to build my pit.

Back