Serious Barbecue by APL being rereleased

beteez

Got Wood.
Great book that people have been asking ridiculous prices for. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Barbecue-Smoke-Outdoor-Cooking/dp/0986042501/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373746525&sr=1-5&keywords=serious+barbecue"]Serious Barbecue: Smoke, Char, Baste & Brush Your Way to Great Outdoor Cooking.: Adam K. Perry Lang, JJ Goode, Amy Vogler: 9780986042508: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I should have sold mine, bought one of these, and retired on the difference! :doh:

So, really, is the book worth $30? What can be expected?

It's a good book to have as part of a library - it definitely doesn't seem to me to be a go-to book. I've made a few things out of it and everything turned out great, but you have to really want to dig into a recipe and have the time available - it's not a "I have a pork loin/chicken/x cut of beef and I wanna cook it now so what do I do with it" kind of book.

The ingredients lists are long, the processes tend to be long, but the results are great - so it's really good for fairly involved cook if you're into that sort of thing, which, occasionally, I am. I'm glad I have mine and I'm glad I got it at whatever the normal price was at the time. The pix are beautiful and there's a very good variety of recipes. Whether or not something like that is worth $30 is up to the individual obviously. Some folks think it's silly and overly fancy and others think it's great.

I think its worth $30 not as much as people have been selling used copies for though. Some of the tastiest grill recipes ever.

Serious Barbecue

For anyone interested I just saw that Amazon has available for pre-order a second additions of Serious Barbecue due out August 19th and it is only $33.25!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Barbecue-Smoke-Outdoor-Cooking/dp/0986042501/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1373934337&sr=8-3&keywords=serious+barbecue"]Serious Barbecue: Smoke, Char, Baste & Brush Your Way to Great Outdoor Cooking.: Adam K. Perry Lang, JJ Goode, Amy Vogler: 9780986042508: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Im torn .....I cant help but truley believe anything my lil brain can think of can be answered here ....I am not creative as such ... I can look at the final thing and tell you how you got there but can not create ,I can copy !...So with that being said after reading 45 reviews on amazon from a spectrum of people I do not know of I am going to get it Only because I dont have any books on cooking !

But Im really sure I am close to making some pretty ok Q from what Ive learned here ..My friends love it ,but I Know who Im dealing with on this site and that is why I can only say " pretty ok Q ! "

Back