THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stevenscustomguitars

Knows what a fatty is.
Lucky with the weather yesterday, so did a leg of lamb from Adam Perry Lang's 'Serious BBQ' - I love that book!

It was stuffed with lots of olive oil, herbs and spices then smothered in a flavour paste of dijon mustard, sugar, paprika, and other spices. Smoked with a mix of cherry and oak wood.

I had a bit of trouble keeping the temperature down - I was aiming for 250F but it rose to 275F and stayed there for most of the cook and my bottom dampers were pretty much nearly closed, maybe I didn't shut them down early enough?

I cooked it for about 2hrs 15mins to 120F then glazed it with a honey, vinegar, lemon juice and herb mix, it smelled amazing! Then cooked it until 130F for medium.

Whilst it was resting I finished off the sweetcorn that I'd had cooking indirect in a tray of butter and about 12 Gloucester Old Spot sausages that were nicely smoked. Finished off by cooking a sea bass for the token piscetarian. My wife did some lovely sides with butternut squash, and some peas and beans.

As usual, I didn't get a plated shot, people tend to take the mickey! But this is what was left and shows how nicely pink it was. It was incredibly moist and had a lovely balanced smoke flavour. The different stuffing, paste and glaze combined really well together - some massive flavours but nothing that overpowered the meat. Mr Perry Lang seems to know what he's doing!

Just thought I'd post as it's a great recipe from a great book and I never see enough lamb being cooked.

I only moved over to proper barbecuing as opposed to grilling last year, it's just a much more relaxing way to cook a lot of food for a fair number of people.

Cheers

Dave

Back