Santa Maria pit/grill build complete!! Yahoo!!

Hey, Marty - I assume your Santa Maria grill mechanism just lifts out? Do you have a place where you store it outside of your yard, or do you plan to leave it in place all the time? Your build is really great, nice pix too, but if I built something like that my partner Karen would want the pit out of there and disappeared except when I was using it. And I don't have anywhere to store something that big. Just wondering .. - seattlepitboss

I have a shed where I just walk it in and hang it. I am just finishing up the shed. It's an 8X10 and I plan to have a few other things in it as well, including electricity and a fridge...

Dave
There are lots of mobile Santa Maria Grills in operation that you can look at. Check out BBQ-PD's stuff. Just gotta make sure you have the air coming in if you have a lid.

I looked at this on my cell phone at work last week but it did not make much since, now that I have seen it on a real computer all I can say is SWEET but wait there is more. I have been thinking about building something along those lines lately now that I will be retired er unemployed very soon and will have the time for a project. I was thinking of doing a more Mobile cooker and one I could put a lid on for smoking as well. This may not come to reality but you have given me some inspiration.

In my neck of the woods we have a lot of septic tanks, therefore a lot of septic tank vac trucks to clean them. I am thinking what the heck have them suck that out once a year when the septic is serviced but I am guessing you don't have to deal with septic tanks.
Dave

Not by me, but, Marty put some very nice ideas into that build that I think make it a pretty unique and verstaile unit. I can totally see where folks would love to be able to buy a unit like that.

Thanks Bob!
But you were really the guy that got me started. I started with your ideas and modified them to my needs. I really appreciate it!!!

Not by me, but, Marty put some very nice ideas into that build that I think make it a pretty unique and verstaile unit. I can totally see where folks would love to be able to buy a unit like that.

Wow! Ok, I know this old, but I was researching a question someone asked on the forums and found this. That is Farking gorgeous. How come we don't see any cooks off this lately?

I cook on it frequently but there is just so many times you can post a tri-tip cook or a spatchcock chicken. I'm sure you will see a number of threads that I have started regarding this pit. I enjoy it a lot!

Wow! Ok, I know this old, but I was researching a question someone asked on the forums and found this. That is Farking gorgeous. How come we don't see any cooks off this lately?

Simply awesome!
I thank so much for this post with soo much building details. I'll move to my blackman to try to cooy tha santa maria grill. I love the idea to move up and down the grill.
Any useful info/ building details about lower part (the fire box) ????

Back