Santa Maria pit/grill build complete!! Yahoo!!

as the pit is a bit deep i thought you would want the wood/flames a bit higher where you could see them. but maybe not.

h
So, why do I need a frame to do an open pit fire? I just go hang the Santa Maria grill in the shed and let 'er rip. Guess I don't understand.

as the pit is a bit deep i thought you would want the wood/flames a bit higher where you could see them. but maybe not.

h

Gotcha. I am making a rack to hold the wood about a foot below the top. Just welding up some rebar to do the trick.

is that cabinet air conditioned ??

Yes, it is. I need a dust free environment for my computer and CNC electronics. I tried a fan with dust filters but my computer would get too hot and crash. $99 window a/c unit works great!!

That is one fine looking pit Marty. Very nice work but suddenly I feel like I have a case of SBYS (****ty Back Yard Syndrome.) Although I do have a CNC machine and an Audi in my garage. Ahhh...no I don't. Damn it!

ThumbsUp.jpg
Very Cool !!!

Very nice work! I love using mine when I want to be more "hands on" with Tri tips and steaks. I think they really do add a unique/distinctive flavor to the meat.

I'm speechless Marty that's awesome, congrats! I can't wait to see some tri-tip pron.

Great design Landarc, I love the multi-use function of the pit and the portability of the SM grill. So will there be a new SM grill company starting up in central CA?

Hey, Marty - I assume your Santa Maria grill mechanism just lifts out? Do you have a place where you store it outside of your yard, or do you plan to leave it in place all the time? Your build is really great, nice pix too, but if I built something like that my partner Karen would want the pit out of there and disappeared except when I was using it. And I don't have anywhere to store something that big. Just wondering .. - seattlepitboss

Marty,

I am blown away!! I want to come see it myself. I'm not sure where you live, but I know that if UPS can ship handles from your place to here in about 2 days!! So if I get myself shipped early on Monday morning, I should be at your place Wednesday afternoon in time to cook dinner! See ya then!

As a person with no skills or talent for building or creating anything I can only imagine what a great feeling it must be to go out and use that beautiful creation.

Congratulations, I am seriously envious!

I looked at this on my cell phone at work last week but it did not make much since, now that I have seen it on a real computer all I can say is SWEET but wait there is more. I have been thinking about building something along those lines lately now that I will be retired er unemployed very soon and will have the time for a project. I was thinking of doing a more Mobile cooker and one I could put a lid on for smoking as well. This may not come to reality but you have given me some inspiration.

In my neck of the woods we have a lot of septic tanks, therefore a lot of septic tank vac trucks to clean them. I am thinking what the heck have them suck that out once a year when the septic is serviced but I am guessing you don't have to deal with septic tanks.
Dave

Back