Santa Maria pit/grill build complete!! Yahoo!!

I dunno, that Landarc guy, does he know anything about BBQ or landscape design? I heard he recommended that landscape designer because she looks good in a t-shirt and has a hot accent. I could be wrong though. It is a good thing you hired someone who knows what she is doing, gawd only knows how farked it would be with that guy Landarc. That grill looks a little heavy duty. Nice work.

Thanks Bob, wouldn't have happened without your guidance!

Yahoo you finished! I need to head over and check out the finished product (and assist with some additional testing...)! Looks awesome! :clap:

Man that is a fine looking job and fits so nice in your back yard. I love the whole thing. How do you clean the coals and ash out of the pit?
I may steel this from you next year and try to build one, if I find some patience.

Thanks
Rick

Man that is a fine looking job and fits so nice in your back yard. I love the whole thing. How do you clean the coals and ash out of the pit?
I may steel this from you next year and try to build one, if I find some patience.

Thanks
Rick

According to friends I know with these, it is important to keep ash in the bottom for heat stability. As far as ash removal goes, Groundhog66 removes his ash once a year. I plan on removing mine with one of those doggy pooper scoopers. Basically a short shovel with the shovel bent 90 degrees.

Dang, I forgot to tell Marty that on my pit designs I have always added an ash door from the bottom of the pit out the back. Makes cleaning so much easier. You can get the cast iron ones from most foundry's that make fireplace equipment. They work great and actually can be used to tune a fire or feed air in from the side to increase burn temperatures. It is a detail that really does make a pit just a little better. Sorry Marty.

My
smiley-hatsoff-maggie.gif
to you Marty, that is one gorgeous pit!!!

Back