THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Tim
I finally found time to do a batch of wings today using The Rub Co's new Hot Wing rub, this stuff has HUGE potential.

I marinated in EVOO and Hot Wing Rub, I only wish I had enough to liberally dust the wings prior to hitting the BGE. I bought a family pack, and was really hungry, so I tried stretching it a bit too much :heh:. Put them on the Lg BGE at around 300 degrees, and let them ride.

6295634659_7da03e54cb_b.jpg

After the first flip, the aroma was wonderful...

6295636529_8b09a63c95_b.jpg

I should have flipped my CI grate over so there was less sticking, but all went well with a little care.

6295639861_e8596fe111_b.jpg

Here they are a couple hrs, and multiple flips later...

6295641503_98d71201d7_b.jpg

No need for sides :hungry:

6295631951_306f115270_b.jpg

I think this rub is definitely a winner, the depth of flavor I was hoping for was there. You get heat along with a butter, garlic, vinegary tang that is very much appealing to the pallet. I would absolutely use more rub next time, this is not one that you will need to use sparingly. Thank you Ryan, I look forward to placing a LARGE order in the near future :thumb:

:clap2:

Nice work G66! I think we'll have some for the Brethren Bash to play with...thanks again to Ryan!

Don't try liking your computer screen y'all. Just tried it and I couldn't taste those wonderful looking wings at all.

Back