Vortex & Hot Wing Rub

creek bottom

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Joe
So, I finally got the chance to try out my new Vortex and the Naturiffic Hot Wing Rub that I got a few weeks ago. I did a 5# bag of GFS Jumbo Wing Sections. I also added a chunk of apple for some smoke. First off, the Vortex. Why did I wait so long to get one of these? This thing is awesome. Wings cooked beautifully! Crispy skin, moist, and pull right off the bone meat. The only thing is that I think I should have maybe gotten the small instead of the medium for my 22.5. I think it would give me a little more grate space. Next, the Hot Wing Rub. O-M-G!!! Absolutely FAN-FARKING-TASTIC!!!!! Perfect amount of heat and just down right mighty tasty! If you haven't tried this, you gotta getchasome! These wings were delicious. Couldn't have been more pleased with last night's dinner.

Attachments

• wings1.jpg
    wings1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 187
  • wings2.jpg
    wings2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 187
wings look great! Don;'t mean to hijack the thread, hopefully you don't mind...

What's the preferred size of vortex for the 22" kettle, small or medium? Thanks in advance.

Now that's the way to do wings!

First a rotiss and now a vortex thingy... I'm going to have to work extra hours this weekend!

wings look great! Don;'t mean to hijack the thread, hopefully you don't mind...

What's the preferred size of vortex for the 22" kettle, small or medium? Thanks in advance.

Normally they recommend a medium for the 22" and 26". Now seeing a few people saying the small works OK on their 22". I rarely use the 22" since getting the 26.

Robert

Back