THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry Poppins was last seen at 30,000 feet approaching the Canadian border. NORAD just went to DEFCON 3.

BigBarry got back down to earth in time for the grilling competetion today and got a walk in the fruit category:mrgreen: . Last time I saw him, he and MrsBigBarry were back at the 30,000 foot level and all you could see were their grins. Was worth the whole trip just to see how excited they were.

They wouldn't give me a copy of the results but the Brethren did really well! Lo'-N- Slo' took GC , for example!!! I won't list any of the others since I don't want to trust my memory and leave someone out.

Grand Champion: Que Ball
Reserve: Flaming Hogs

Don't have all the results but Clint (Smoke in Da Eye) said he came in a dissappointing 28th out of 36th with some really solid turn in entries... 2 Fat Polocks camre in 5th (congrats Guy & Michelle !!) Team BigBarry came in 24th and I Smell Smoke & Lightning (Willie B, Barfly and mineola fred) came in 15th. I thibk Chris (ique) did well also, but I don't have the specifics..

Last edited:
What an awesome event....we took 2nd place in ribs and 4th in pork, 7th overall. Lakeside Smokers took 2nd in pork and 6th overall. Lunchmeat got a couple of calls and finished 8th overall, iQue took 1st in brisket and 3rd overall. Two Fat Polacks got two fat calls. 36 teams...

Willie B finally rolled in late last night, was good to hoist a few with him and all the other Brethren. Met Big Barry for the first time, hung with Clint for a while.

I'll post more later....exhausted. Just got home, the new camper was awesome...

Here's the Sat. grilling results from Sat.

Overall:
GC: Lo'-N- Slo' BBQ
RGC: Boneyard Smokers
3)Lakeside
4)Smoke in Da Eye
5)Flaming Hog BBQ

Fish Steak
1)Lunchmeat
2)Que Ball BBQ
3)Lo'-N- Slo' BBQ

Beef Steak
1) Boneyard Smokers
2)Flaming Hog BBQ
3)Bastey Boys

Sausage
1)Lo'-N- Slo' BBQ
2)Boneyard Smokers
3)Flaming Hog BBQ

Grilled Fruit
1) Lakeside Smokers
2)Lo'-N- Slo' BBQ
3)Feeding Friendz

Lots of Brethren walks...sorry if I missed anyone.

BBQ Results

Overall
1. Q Ball
2. Flaming Hog BBQ
3. iQue
4. Yabba Dabba Que
5. Two Fat Polacks
6. Lakeside Smokers
7. Q Haven
8. Lunchmeat
9. Lo-n-Slo BBQ
10. Casual Smokers

Chicken
1. East Coast BBQ
2. Qwannabees
3. Howling Hog BBQ
4. Flaming Hog BBQ
5. Smokin Wally's BBQ
6. Feeding Friendz
7. Boneyard Smokers
8. Black Sheep BBQ
9. I Like Smoke and Lightning
10. Q Ball

Ribs
1. Q Ball
2. Q Haven
3. Black Sheep BBQ
4. Two Fat Polocks
5. Lunchmeat
6. Flaming Hog BBQ
7. iQue
8. Firefly's
9. Yabba Dabba Que
10. BS BBQ

Pork
1. Yabba Dabba Que
2. Lakeside Smokers
3. Smokin n Jokin
4. Q Haven
5. Casual Smokers
6. Low n Slo BBQ
7. Uncle Jed's BBQ
8. Two Fat Polocks
9. Q Ball
10. Bone Daddy's Voodoo Lounge

Brisket
1. iQue
2. Two Fat Polocks
3. Q Ball
4. Flaming Hog BBQ
5. Lunchmeat
6. Lakeside Smokers
7. Transformer BBQ
8. Feeding Friendz
9. Uncle Jed'sBBQ
10. The Pokey Smokers

Last edited:
Congrats to all! This event was a blast. Q Ball to the left of us and Q Haven to the right. What a great place to be to steal some secrets! :)
I have some pics up on my web site, check 'em out.
Click on my link below and click on the 'pics' link.
BAAAAHHHBACUE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ wants to say, "THANK YOU" for the warm welcome we received from everyone in NH. Congrats to everyone on the call ups for both days. We had an excellent time and are still in shock about the GC in Grilling (if you remember we were not going to enter grilling until members of the Brethren incouraged us to do so). We look forward to next year and hope to see everyone again soon. Rock 'N Ribfest was well worth the 12 hour, 600 mile round trip.
THANKS AGAIN.....:biggrin:

Last edited:
Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ wants to say, "THANK YOU" for the warm welcome we received from everyone in NH. We had an excellent time and are still in shock about the GC in Grilling (if you remember we were not going to enter grilling until members of the Brethren incouraged us to do so). We look forward to next year and hope to see everryone soon. Rock 'N Ribfest was well worth the 12 hour, 600 mile round trip.
THANKS AGAIN.....:biggrin:

That was darn impressive to see Saturday. Seemed like every call was a Brethren member! And it was amazing to see the Polocks win twice on Sunday after another rough ride up to NH. Congrats to everyone again.

Congratulations Q Ball.

Sean is a great guy and he deserves this kind of recognition.

You Rock!

And it was amazing to see the Polocks win twice on Sunday after another rough ride up to NH. Congrats to everyone again.

Man, we are snake bitten with with respect to trailers! It seems like everytime we hook our truck up to a trailer something hapens. It was scary having a blowout on the trailer while doing 60 miles and hour. Honestly, it was one of the best venues we have ever cooked at. It was well run, the venue was nice (it was killing us smelling the fresh wort), the comradrie was even better and having a couple calls wasn't bad either. We really enjoyed meeting alot of the brethren we don't normally see. It's all about the great people in BBQ. The best folks in the world. Congrats to all on a super brethren showing.

Congrats to all! This event was a blast. Q Ball to the left of us and Q Haven to the right. What a great place to be to steal some secrets! :)
I have some pics up on my web site, check 'em out.
Click on my link below and click on the 'pics' link.
BAAAAHHHBACUE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Holy crap who gave Sully a microphone and what did he say. Was he wearing one of his not so politically correct T-shirts at the time ?

Holy crap who gave Sully a microphone and what did he say. Was he wearing one of his not so politically correct T-shirts at the time ?

I love this pic! Look how those two people are RUNNING for there lives! LOL
...and you know what he was saying....BAAAAAAAAAAAHBECUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Picture111.jpg

He was trying to yell BAAAAHHHBACUE to kick off the ceremony, but the PA system couldn't handle it....

He was trying to yell BAAAAHHHBACUE to kick off the ceremony, but the PA system couldn't handle it....

Too Funny. We were yelling the same thing in Hartford this weekend and I swear I heard Sully answer back. He doesn't need no stinkin PA system.

So any other rituals that us Midwesterners need to know about before cooking in NEBS? Besides that I am required to carry 2 bottles of Patron with me? ;-)

Do you guys get tornados? Cause after the weather we had at Marshalltown, I want to be getting out of the Midwest...

So any other rituals that us Midwesterners need to know about before cooking in NEBS? Besides that I am required to carry 2 bottles of Patron with me? ;-)

Do you guys get tornados? Cause after the weather we had at Marshalltown, I want to be getting out of the Midwest...

No Tornadoes but Harpoon has had a couple of real bad Lightning storms.

Back