"Return of the McRib" BBQ Brethren Throwdown

The McRib is here! The McRib is here!

I drove by our local McD's today and I saw a sign that said "McRib Joy"! I knew that I had to have one for the throwdown, so I bought 3 :rolleyes:

The full story of this culinary creation is here...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94792

For my McRib throwdown entry (so far), please consider the AMcRT (Atomic McRib Turd)...

P2070414.JPG

I think that entry is pretty significant because it takes a McRib, and then cuts out individual ribs and uses them. Who here has seen a rib cut form a McRib before? I do believe this could be history in the making.

I think that entry is pretty significant because it takes a McRib, and then cuts out individual ribs and uses them. Who here has seen a rib cut form a McRib before? I do believe this could be history in the making.

Yes, but what impresses me most are the knife-wielding skills -- not a single shiner! :cool:

Surely he would have told us if he had injured himself. He did the last time.

Yes, but what impresses me most are the knife-wielding skills -- not a single shiner! :cool:

Why do you think i bought three sandwiches :becky:

But are his toes still intact?:twisted:

Yes they are. :thumb:

Surely he would have told us if he had injured himself. He did the last time.

Yeah... Right... And give you guys more ammunition? :crazy::becky:

The McPork Stimulus Package

While that is an interesting culinary creation, I am please to say that it did not stimulate my package. Not at all... :becky: :becky: :becky:

OK... I know... penalty box...

Wait, are you allowed multiple entries in a Throwdown? I sense a rules violation here, don't make me start PM'ing people. I will start with Gore just so you know.

Wait, are you allowed multiple entries in a Throwdown? I sense a rules violation here, don't make me start PM'ing people. I will start with Gore just so you know.
See Rule #5 for the Special McRib Throwdown in the opening post!:becky:

5. You can make multiple entries into this Throwdown if you like. Just like at a bash, I would not expect people to share only one dish, but any number of dishes they would like to share.

So would you like a slice?

when is this over.. I may be able to get an entry in tomorrow????

Rules? I have to be able to read?

I read the rules and it said 'a few weeks' for when it ends. I need to find some McRibs now.

It's going to be open for a few more weeks. The exact end date is a mystery, much like how the McRib mysteriously appears and disappears. I wanted to make sure people had time to make stuff after the McRib went on sale nationwide beginning today. So at least another 2 weeks perhaps.

Oh, definitely we are allowed multiple entries. I am planning mine for as soon as we have confirmed availability at our local, and I know someone else planning an entry also.

I didn't read the rules carefully enough, I now see the error of my ways. I will not mention this issue of multiple entries again.

I didn't read the rules carefully enough, I now see the error of my ways. I will not mention this issue of multiple entries again.
Just so you know, and to avoid confusion, in a NORMAL Throwdown you can only enter one dish. The only time you are allowed to enter multiple dishes are in these Special Throwdowns.

Just to avoid confusion.

So Guerry brings home 8 of these things two of which were for dinner so I could be inspired to come up with ideas for the TD. Bad, bad, bad, just as I remember from years ago. Poor Guerry just had to take some alkaseltzer.:puke: The slathered sauce will have to be rinsed off and it will need extra spice before going on the grill for smoking to hide the...meatless taste!

Back