"Return of the McRib" BBQ Brethren Throwdown

Ok, brethren. I will have to take it up a notch.

picture.php

I don't know that picture looks like it was taken with Chris's camera.... Just sayin...

or you could go with these....

BBQ-Ribs.jpg

BBQ Rib Pork Patties

#1 Rib Sandwich for six years at Taste of Chicago. Rib-shaped pork patties char-broiled with a hickory smoked taste and then lightly marinated in a special barbecue sauce.

Here we go again. Redhot is gonna enter 25 amazing variations of McRibs, while Guerry is prodded out of bed on Sunday to crank out a McStarfish.[/QUOTE]

There I go giggling at work again (first round of giggling came about when I stumbled upon the "if **** were a cat" thread and saw the first one posted for Guerry)...gotta stop reading these at work before my supervisor wonders what's so funny! :heh:

I've never actually eaten a McRib before. My mom and gf love them but I just like McD's breakfast and chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce. :becky:

So I was in the store pondering things to grill up that day when some ground turkey caught my eye. For some reason I thought about the McRib Throwdown, and how a Turkey McRib would be so much healthier than a regular McRib. So with that I put my unplanned plan into action.

Using an ice cube tray that creates thin tubular shaped ice cubes for inserting into bottles, I formed my McRib patty with the ground Turkey.
McRib01.jpg

After freezing it I had this perfectly formed rack of Turkey Ribs. Notice the bottom part of these ribs are skinnier than the top part. I believe this would be the Short End....
McRib02.jpg

I put it in the fridge for a couple hours to thaw a bit, and then dusted it with some Spicewine Ironworks Hen & Hog Rub. This seemed appropriate since it was a bird, but was also ribs...
McRib03.jpg

I cooked it offset on my kettle grill until it was done, with a glaze of BigButzBBQ Cranberry BBQ sauce. Look at those yummy Turkey Ribs!
McRib04.jpg

I took a sesame seed hoagie roll, and put Cranberry Sauce on one side, and some more of the BigButz Cranberry BBQ sauce on the other side.
McRib05.jpg

Then I added the Turkey McRib. It's pretty big. It's so big it apparently blocked all of the light in the room.
McRib06.jpg

Then I put some Stuffing on top. It seemed appropriate.
McRib07.jpg

And here is the assembled sandwich, sliced for a peek inside.
McRib08.jpg

It didn't suck!:becky:

Now that is a GREAT start! Nice job, Chris!

I'm still waiting for my muse to show up with a cardboard clamshell of inspiration :-D

So I was in the store pondering things to grill up that day when some ground turkey caught my eye. For some reason I thought about the McRib Throwdown, and how a Turkey McRib would be so much healthier than a regular McRib. So with that I put my unplanned plan into action.

Dear bigabyte,
As Executive Head of Personnel and Recruitment for McDonalds Worldwide it has been brought to my attention that you have cracked our secret process for making the McRib. It took our team of 75 top research scientists in the McRib Product Innovation Team (MRPIT) over 3 years to create the ice cube tray Rib forming process. We can only guess at the enormous product development effort put forth by you and your team to reproduce our results. We applaud your efforts.

Your innovation has greatly impressed us and we would like the opportunity to discuss with you an open position within our company. We are building a team of food scientists to create our new upscale product, the McLobster. All initial efforts to create a sandwich patty in the shape of a lobster have ended in failure. Consumer test groups which have sampled our early prototypes have described the formed product "McCactus", "McGumby" or "McFieldGoal". We believe your expertise in developing formed protein products and ability to improve upon naturally occurring food forms could help us to create our next big hit and help us to compete with restaurants such as Long John Silvers, Captain D's and Skippers.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss this exciting opportunity.

Regards,
Ron _M

Back