"Return of the McRib" BBQ Brethren Throwdown

That looks amazing - the phone's limited resolution could not hide the tastiness of that tribute to the McRib.

Now that is just slick! Phone pics are hiding nothing on that good sandwich:clap2:.

Oh my...BBQchef33 you outdid yourself! That looks soooo...sinful. One thing's for sure, yours tasted better than any of the entries that used actual McRibs (myself included)!:thumb:

Very nice job Phil!!! I would chow down on that in a heartbeat!! :eusa_clap

I like the idea of using garlic bread too... add a bit more depth to it!

After all this hoopla over the McRib, I decided to walk to McD's today for lunch and have the original. Though it wasn't bad, I'm 100% sure I would prefer any of these entries.

I gotta admit, Im not big on ribs anymore. I guess i have had enuf to last a lifetime, but that damn sandwich after we finished taking all the pictures, got inhaled by my family and they are requesting another this weekend. it really was one of the best ones ive made. the bacon added alot to the onions, and the peppers gave it some mite that the plain ones didnt have. I may have to go out an buy a new camera for the next one. :)

The McRib Throwdown is now CLOSED!:eek:

Anyone who has any remaining entries to post needs to have them uploaded by this time tomorrow.

The vote thread for the McRib Throwdown will be posted tomorrow as well.

Thanks to all who contributed. I think this one is going to be one of the most memorable Throwdowns ever.:cool:

From your previous post, I thought this was closed last Wednesday! I had one more I was going to do to "fix" the McRib. There goes my chance at a Triple-Zero. Oh well, have to wait until next time.

McDonlad's thanks you

b
I am convinced that McDonald's has the Brethren to thank for their rosy November.

McRib boosts McDonald's November sales

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/McRib-boosts-McDonalds-apf-2804260828.html?x=0I am not sure why we weren't mentioned in the article for contributing to their success.

b
I am convinced that McDonald's has the Brethren to thank for their rosy November.

McRib boosts McDonald's November sales

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/McRib-boosts-McDonalds-apf-2804260828.html?x=0I am not sure why we weren't mentioned in the article for contributing to their success.
I think it's because of all of the discussion within the Throwdown of how nasty McRibs are!:becky: If we had spun yarns about how great they were, we would have been the main focus of the story!:thumb:

I think it's because of all of the discussion within the Throwdown of how nasty McRibs are!:becky: If we had spun yarns about how great they were, we would have been the main focus of the story!:thumb:

I do know that that's EIGHT McRibs that I would have not bought otherwise...

The adage is any PR is good PR as long as they spell your name right.

On a separate note, am I late or early to mention that I am still laughing yet completely horrified by Deguerre's new avatar? :shocked: The burlesque, ambiguously gay kangaroo/eggplant/ZZ Top one?

--Jonny Rotisserie

Back