Quick question about hamburger...

Whitewookie

is one Smokin' Farker
We’ll be getting a meat grinder attachment for out Kitchen Aid mixer soon and I plan on experimenting with some gourmet burgers.

Anybody ever use prime rib? I have a small one (2 bones) in the freezer that I was gonna cut into steaks, but I’m thinking burgers now.

Any favorite cuts/combos.

Thanks in advance

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really like ground up brisket along with a little rib meat. Unbelievably juicy

Memphis Elite

I have since ground up chuck roasts and did up a few burgers, but the brisket/short rib burgers had more flavor and more moisture

Memphis Elite

I don't think cut of beef matters for burger. The fat content that you add, is going to play more of a role, than the cut. Obviously you will have to add fat from other sources, on some cuts, but as long as you keep the fat at minimum of 20% you should get good burger. I think around 30% is perfect, but everyone has a preference, you just have to experiment, and find what you like. Ribeye will certainly give you some good burger, but it is pricey.

While the KA attachment works pretty well, it is under powered. So make sure your meat is as cold as possible. About half frozen actually.

I don't think cut of beef matters for burger. The fat content that you add, is going to play more of a role, than the cut. Obviously you will have to add fat from other sources, on some cuts, but as long as you keep the fat at minimum of 20% you should get good burger. I think around 30% is perfect, but everyone has a preference, you just have to experiment, and find what you like. Ribeye will certainly give you some good burger, but it is pricey.

While the KA attachment works pretty well, it is under powered. So make sure your meat is as cold as possible. About half frozen actually.

Thanks for the tip.

Back