THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whitewookie

is one Smokin' Farker
Hi Guys, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I’m cooking a prime rib on the Weber. I’ve got a nice 5 bone.

I’m gonna cook to about 130 I.T. For a nice medium-rare.

My conundrum is with my Sis In Law. She refuses to eat meat not cooked to at least medium. (Philistine!)

I plan to cut one rib section off and cook to a higher temp... 150 or so.
Would you guys cut it first and treat it like two separate roasts, or cook whole, then separate and continue cooking the one rib section to bring it up?

All help is appreciated so thanks in advance?

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. The best part of a prime rib, to me anyway, is the nice pink interior, not the ends.

I am with you all on cooking it whole then finishing her's to a higher temperature, while constantly saying under your breath you don't understand why anyone would want to ruin a great piece of meat by over cooking it !!

Also remember that it will gain at-least 5 degrees in temp after being removed from the heat source and resting. I usually pull my prime at 125 degrees and let it rest. It will climb to 130-132 degrees, right where I like it.

Cookout is canceled. McRibs for everybody.

OR

“Hey Sis, tell me again how you want that cooked, I want it to be perfect?”

Me: got it thanks. Hey while I’ve got you on the phone can you pick up a few things on your way over? Great- ice 2@20#, two jugs of low sodium V8 or Snappy Tom, a pecan pie and two gallons of Blue Bell Vanilla.

Your a peach- thanks. Oh and a couple rolls of Bounty, the kind with triple ply half sheets.

Love Y’all. Drive safely.
Oh, and a 12 pack of beer and some limes.

OR

Don’t pattern yourself after me.
Follow the less ornery suggestions and have a Merry Christmas

Last edited:
You can take a pan and heat up some au juis on your grill and throw hers in for a minute or two it will take on the brown color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can take a pan and heat up some au juis on your grill and throw hers in for a minute or two it will take on the brown color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This works great if you have enough aujus, and she doesn't bust you. I like to have a medium warm cast iron griddle handy and give a slice 10 seconds on one side and 5 seconds on the other side. Brush a little aujus on both sides to disguise any myoglobin that might leak out and serve the 10 second side up.... the eyes trick the brain.

Here we go... wish me luck.

VR,
Harold
4467e1e6ed56e8c94adc574434c799ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back