THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whitewookie

is one Smokin' Farker
I’m planning on smoking Prime Rib for either Christmas or New Years.

Which of the Oakridge rubs works good on Prime Rib?

Any help is, as always, appreciated.

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would say the Santa Maria rub would be good. Carne Crosta requires a high heat sear to activate the oils in the coffee. Black Ops works well on a long cook like a brisket that builds up a crust. Not sure how that would work on a prime rib.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been thinking of ordering some Santa Maria anyway.

I’ve got some Carne Crosta and Black Ops on hand and agree with your assessment... Especially on the Carne Crosta..

VR,
Harold

Santa Maria works great with beef. I've had some great steaks on the Weber with Secret Weapon as well, it puts a nice twist on beef. It would be worth trying anything new on some steaks or burgers before committing to something like a nice prime rib cook.

I agree that Santa Maria is a versatile seasoning, it works great with beef, pork, chicken, seafood, and vegetables. I also use a little extra Kosher Salt and some Cracked Black Pepper on top of the Santa Maria Grill Seasoning.

Oakridge Santa Maria is probably the best choice. Add it with SPOGOS and you’ll crush it!

I did one last year with Oakridge Santa Maria + BPS Money + a little BPS Cash Cow & SM Peppered Cow. It was bangin’.

Until SPOGOS comes out :pop2:, my best recommendation with our current offerings is equal parts Santa Maria and Black OPS for a killer prime rib roast. :thumb: :thumb:

Thank you sir, I was hoping to hear from you directly.
You guys make some great stuff. Haven’t tried anything yet I don’t like.

VR,
Harold

Back