THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tarheelsmoker

Full Fledged Farker
Picked up a pork loin tonight, on sale with part of the rib bones still attached. Wondering if anybody injects pork loin. If so, do you have a suggestion for an injection recipe. The plan is to inject, rub with SM cherry and smoke at 250 until IT of 135-140. I’m open to brining as well.

What do y’all think?

I have, but it is hard to find pork around here that is not enhanced. When i did, I used a commercial pork injection like Butcher Pork, Pork Prod, etc.

That’s what I like about this one that I bought. They call it a “ Texas style rib” but it is not a retail ready cryovac. They cut them from long pieces of bone in pork loin.

I shoot all of my pork loins. My go-to injection is apple juice and canning salt. I think of it as a lite brine. My ratio is 1-gram of canning salt per 1-ounce of apple juice. Canning salt dissolves very easily... I mix it right in the little bottles of juice. I give it at least two hours of dwell time after shooting it.

Back