THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

isuhunter

Full Fledged Farker
Colleague at work got a pork loin from a client and he asked if I would smoke it because I'm the "cook" of the office.

Cant really think that Ive ever smoked a pork loin.

250* until 145* internal? I'm using a UDS

What do you guys suggest for seasoning? SPOGOS?

Pretty much any basic rub you like, cook to 145 and you'll be good to go...

I use a Lite-Apple Brine (or apple/white grape) and inject it about 2 or 4 hours before smoking. I use 1/2 gram to 1 gram of salt per ounce of juice. If you buy the little bottles, some are 8 ounce and another brand is 10 ounces, you can mix the salt right in the bottle.

The 145° finish temp works well.

Pull it at 135 and then let it rest before slicing. You'll hit a proper finish temp from there.

Last time I smoked a Pork Loin, I used a Molasses Brine (6oz Kosher Salt and 4oz Molasses in 1qt Water for 2 hours). After rinsed and dried, I rubbed it down with Bourbon, then rubbed it all over with Brown Suger. Then seasoned it with Nutmeg, Garlic Powder, and Black Pepper. Smoked it with Cherry Wood. Was amazing.

Back