THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ted
Local meat market had shoulders on sale for 2.49 a pound - picked up 6 five pounders for family and friends - going to inject and rub tonight and get them on the pit tomorrow morning.

Wanted to do a cajun flair - so plan on injection with 1/2 Tony C Butter and Jalapeno Injection and 1/2 apple juice

For a rub - going to try Meat Church's Holy Voodoo Rub.

Any one have any experience injecting pork butt with the Butter and Jalapeno Injection or with the Voodoo Rub

Thank you

No experience injecting but keep thinking about ordering injector on amazon. Throwing on a shoulder tomorrow morning myself. Eager to hear about your results and will order injector tonight. Something tells me the other 2 shoulders in the freezer will be thawed and smoked in the coming week...

Found a few @ .99/lb and tossed them in freezer a few weeks ago. Also found some at Costco a few months ago at 1.49/lb plus $5 or $10 off per pack at register. I’ll be leaning on Costco sales for the next couple weeks. Perfect timing for the acquisition of the old ok joe stick burner.

Back