Picked up my Shirley!!!

JimmyR1Rider

is one Smokin' Farker
Was a CRAZY trip. The fiance came with me. We were supposed to leave Friday at 1, wound up leaving at 4:30. Was going to drive half the trip, get a room and some rest then finish the trip. I wound up driving straight through. Took me 15 hours with traffic that we caught so we got to Tuscaloosa at 7:45 am, grabbed some breakfast, killed some time in town until about 10:30 or 11 am and then stopped by SF.

Tyler, Jayden and Rolan(I hope I got the speel in correct) were great. They were super polite and did some last minute buttoning up for me.

So now for the crazy part. I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep before I left due to losing my wallet and searching for it to no avail. . I was up til 4:00am and then had to get up and leave at 6:30 to pick up the fiance from NY then drive back through Jersey, to PA to get an interim license and order a new pernament one and then to Alabama. I was up until 2 this morning when we gave up trying to get a hotel on the way home for a total of 42 hours with two and a half hours sleep before. Thought I was going to collapse and here was the kicker. The were ZERO hotel rooms available along RT81 anywhere in Alabama, Tennessee or Georgia due to college football games. Finally gave up and slept on the side of the road from 2 am till 7 am. Drove the rest of the way home and got in at 5 pm.

I sprayed down the smoker with PAM and went to slide out the fire crate inside the firebox, gave it a little too much of a yank. Well the crate slid out, fell out and.....BROKE MY FARKING TOE!! The big one for sure, possibly another as well. Sorry about the pic of my FUGLY foot

Well enough about the toe and the painful parts of the trip lol. Here are the pics of my new baby. Complete with emblem which looks totally awesome and the other things they did like the raised charcoal pan for the warmer box for direct cooking and the hang on spray bottle holder that just drops over the trailer frame rail. Please excuse the property, it's a construction zone right now while I'm buildin a steel building. Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sorry to hear about the troubles on ur trip and ur toe. Later you'll be able to look back and laugh about it...
That new smoker "Toe Jam ":pound: (sorry i had to ) is a Big Beautiful Beast..
I love it . I wish i had elevated my warmer.
Love everything about ur new smoker.
Have to have Paul make me one of those spray bttl holders...
I love the SS flip down shelf with the paper towel holder, thats just genius :becky:
Congrats and i look forward to seeing your 1st cook !

Awesome looking rig Jimmy, sorry to hear about your toe. One question, with that exhaust stack on there, will this rig fit in a standard height garage door? I have a 30x80 on order that will live in my garage and wondering if I need to have Tyler make mine removable or not.

Thanks.

Wow that must really hurt!

Now for the good part... that is one beautiful cooker! Nice pickup too btw. :)

Ouch!!! Ouch!!! Ouch!!!!!! Man I am sorry about that toe.. Did it look like a light bulb before....all joking aside... Love the cooker... Your truck... Hope it serves you well!!!!

That's a beautiful piece of equipment! It has to be worth all the ag you went thru to get it home. Nice!
Thank you. Yes totally. Wasn't that bad, only the no sleep issue. Was still a fun trip and I got a great piece I was waiting for.

Awesome looking rig Jimmy, sorry to hear about your toe. One question, with that exhaust stack on there, will this rig fit in a standard height garage door? I have a 30x80 on order that will live in my garage and wondering if I need to have Tyler make mine removable or not.
Thanks

Thanks Mike. No biggie. The toe will heal. I've broken a bunch of stuff before. I'll just add this one to list. I have 10ft garage doors so I'm not sure about height. I'll measure the height today for you and pm you the measurement.

Absolutely awesome cooker! Add a little nail polish and the toe will look better.
LOL
I may try that. Thanks so much for the compliment on the smoker.

Wow that must really hurt!

Now for the good part... that is one beautiful cooker! Nice pickup too btw. :)

Thank you very much. They make a nice couple:mrgreen:

Ouch!!! Ouch!!! Ouch!!!!!! Man I am sorry about that toe.. Did it look like a light bulb before....all joking aside... Love the cooker... Your truck... Hope it serves you well!!!!

HAHAHAHA!!! I guess it may have. If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough. That's what I get for trying to Arnold Schwarzenegger the thing out of the firebox lol.

Thanks Paul. I love it already. Got the paint cured part of the seasoning done last night. Ran her anywhere between 200 and 300 for about 4 hours. Today I'll run her at 350 to 400 for a couple.

And thanks for the compliment on the truck as well(although I think the cookers prettier)

Sorry to hear about the troubles on ur trip and ur toe. Later you'll be able to look back and laugh about it...
That new smoker "Toe Jam ":pound: (sorry i had to ) is a Big Beautiful Beast..
I love it . I wish i had elevated my warmer.
Love everything about ur new smoker.
Have to have Paul make me one of those spray bttl holders...
I love the SS flip down shelf with the paper towel holder, thats just genius :becky:
Congrats and i look forward to seeing your 1st cook !

Thanks very much. Toe jam lol. Good one.

I already got the first cook. Couldn't wait so while stopped in Tennessee for breakfast I decided to do the first cook. Must say, it came out great.

Very nice!!!!!!

Thank you sir!!! Them Shirley boys sure do nice work!!

Ouch!! Had to be worth it though. Glad you made it home safe. Smoker is awesome

Absolutely. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Wow! This is a BBQ restaurant on wheels. You are really going to enjoy cooking with this after your toe heals!

Thanks!! Oh yeah. I'll enjoy it with the bad toe. No biggie.

Great rig!

And I just realized I typed Rolan instead of Cole in my original post. Sorry Paul, was sleep deprived.

You really have some great guys working there.

Back