THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks to Zbq, American Dream BBQ , Bud Faria, a few friends and my wife for letting me hit the credit card on spec I was able to drive 9 cases of butts,pans,foil and some other stuff to Hoboken. We have about 700 pounds on and National Guard will take all we can cook.

We need another round of volunteers in Hoboken. I know some have been in touch. Please call if you can help sun-wed

774 696 7598

Obr

Team Que and a Half Men just got called up to volunteer in Hoboken, NJ. We are on the road shortly with some equipment and some supplies.

I just texted Chris, I'm available to cook next week. I can leave tomorrow morning, what supplies should I bring. I'll being my lang, generators and a lot of cherry wood What else?

Cbris, I can come down and help, what about talking the train? Fuel is hard to come by and I'm willing to hitcb a ride with someone going through Connecticut. 203-988-1938.

The Perfect Butt

Last edited:
Chris... We can roll out Friday any place that needs help.. we can bring our 4 cookers, generator, lights ect if need be...

Link to some Pics from Hoboken.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4483108150862.2182863.1084850142&type=1&l=db5e9872c4

Spent the better part of the weekend with some fantastic people in Hoboken. BBQ teams from New England, New Jersey and New York who cooked all night to feed 3000 people today. It really renews my faith in humanity to see people come together for such a great cause. Major credit to the OperationBBQRelief.org group and BBQ teams BBQ MAFIA ,HART ATTACK, CHICKEN CHOKERS, 3 MEN & A BABYBACK and Garden State Porkers (i'm sure more that I can't remember) for sleeping a half block off the Hudson River and smoking well over 1300 pounds of meat (last night alone). Today there were 3000+meals prepared and served .
The National Guard came and picked up food to distribute to seniors and to those who needed a hot meal. We also served people directly from the cook site.
Dana and Chris... you boys rock!

God Bless you all...off to check on butts in the Spicewine :)

Hoboken rocked over 3000 meals today. Makes 10500 today for OBR.

Thanks guys.

What is the current need in Long Island?
A group of us cooked at the American Legion in Babylon today- team members from Blazin Butts, Grill Scouts, Big Barry Q, and Grim Reaper Smokers cranked out some food that was eaten on site as well as delivered to the area south of Main St that was hit hard. Some of us will be back there tomorrow, so if anyone is available please stop by. 22 Grove St Babylon, just south of Babylon train staion. They are also taking donations of clothing as well as non-perishable food.

A group of us cooked at the American Legion in Babylon today- team members from Blazin Butts, Grill Scouts, Big Barry Q, and Grim Reaper Smokers cranked out some food that was eaten on site as well as delivered to the area south of Main St that was hit hard. Some of us will be back there tomorrow, so if anyone is available please stop by. 22 Grove St Babylon, just south of Babylon train staion. They are also taking donations of clothing as well as non-perishable food.

Mike I can come by tomorrow, what do you guys need in terms of supplies?

Mike I can come by tomorrow, what do you guys need in terms of supplies?
We have butts and chicken. If you can bring some hot dogs they seem to be a big hit. I'll be there real early setting up in the parking lot. I will PM you my cell number.

Guys, were back off the grid again, had power, then lost it(twice). We're low on gas in cars and generator..... managed to get a whooping 10 gallons today. If i can get some gas in the truck i'll go to RD, get some stuff and head down.

MIke, will call u tomorrow.

Back