Roll Call. Inside 30 days. OBR Operation NY/NJ

Just go off the phone with some of the Forked River team, they are on the road with deliveries now, still sorting out logistics. What they need most is some cash donations to sustain the effort, they cure wtu have a couple thousand pounds of meat lined up by will run through that quickly. Haven't headed from team NYC.

Be great to have a team up in Long Island too. We can set up @ Swamp Pit Deli, already spoke to Julie it's OK.

Please go to the OBR website to donate or volunteer. It's easier to consolidate communications from there

Donation made. If an effort gets going on the Island I might be able to help. I'll watch this thread for info.
Stay safe brothers and sisters.

Safe travels Bandit.
I am also up if we do a Long Island location.
no way to get to Jersey with the traffic/gas situation.

Obr li

OK so lets get a team up in Wantagh. We need some high capacity cookers and people to man them.

I'm a telco lineman during the day so not sure how much I can help on site. I'm trying to get the logistics worked out on the fly to get this up and running.

I have a Yoder Kingman, 2 640's, FEC.

Do the homework first. Red cross is here in wantagh and surrounding areas. From what im told they dont take food .

Great work everyone is planning here. I made a modest donation and am happy as a member of MABA to hear of their most generous donation. The brethren and OBR rock. Wish I could be there on the ground...possibly late next week if there is still need.

Been following this on FB as well.

As I understand it, Rob Marion is in NJ and Cousin Eddie is in lower Manhattan with HOGZILLA.

Jimmy and I are planning on heading out there 11/11-11/15 to do what we can. Any idea on how/who we should contact when we get ready to roll out of IN so we know where to go and how to get in? We can bring smokers, wood, water, whatever, just would like to know what's needed. We'll have a PU truck and a Jambo most likely. We have a CTO that has more capacity, but don't know about power and the Jambo needs nothing but wood.

Been following this on FB as well.

As I understand it, Rob Marion is in NJ and Cousin Eddie is in lower Manhattan with HOGZILLA.

Jimmy and I are planning on heading out there 11/11-11/15 to do what we can. Any idea on how/who we should contact when we get ready to roll out of IN so we know where to go and how to get in? We can bring smokers, wood, water, whatever, just would like to know what's needed. We'll have a PU truck and a Jambo most likely. We have a CTO that has more capacity, but don't know about power and the Jambo needs nothing but wood.

Spoke to Rob this AM, one of our concerns was sustainability so have dont worry about being too late. this is not going to be cleaned up overnight. Haven't heard from anyone in NYC yet.

Things are moving and still very fluid at this point. The NJ team headed out with deliveries this morning. Gas supply should improve as more stations get power restored and docks reopen.

Bring what you can, fit more food on. If close go for one that doesn't need power.

Please volunteer or donate via OBR website or FB page so we can consolidate our efforts!

Guys+-

Things are gelling . Rob is serving today and our Hobokan location will serve tomorrow . Lynn and Duke are in lower Manhattan. we will keep you guys posted as plans become concrete.

We need donations in a big way. The need is beyond measurable .

Thanks for your help.

JeffHughes
OBR Western Operations Chair

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Any help needed in lower Manhattan Saturday or Monday? Can't do much in the way of supplies but I can be an extra pair of hands.

Spoke to Rob this AM, one of our concerns was sustainability so have dont worry about being too late. this is not going to be cleaned up overnight. Haven't heard from anyone in NYC yet.

Things are moving and still very fluid at this point. The NJ team headed out with deliveries this morning. Gas supply should improve as more stations get power restored and docks reopen.

Bring what you can, fit more food on. If close go for one that doesn't need power.

Please volunteer or donate via OBR website or FB page so we can consolidate our efforts!

Guys+-

Things are gelling . Rob is serving today and our Hobokan location will serve tomorrow . Lynn and Duke are in lower Manhattan. we will keep you guys posted as plans become concrete.

We need donations in a big way. The need is beyond measurable .

Thanks for your help.

JeffHughes
OBR Western Operations Chair

So can I assume that the best way to communicate with OBR is through FB for right now?

OK so lets get a team up in Wantagh. We need some high capacity cookers and people to man them.

I'm a telco lineman during the day so not sure how much I can help on site. I'm trying to get the logistics worked out on the fly to get this up and running.

I have a Yoder Kingman, 2 640's, FEC.

We need major meat donations to support the locations we have committed to as well as any new ones.

I am handling product procurement. Please PM me if you can donate protein or have a source for protein donations. If we can get ongoing protein donations, we can greatly expand our operations.

Thanks--

Jeff Hughes
OBR Operations

Back