THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having been thru Hatch, and partaking of the exceptional chiles that come from the region, I do too...and I'm glad they are standing up for themselves.

I equate it to someone selling you a piece of meat a prime, and when all is said and done, you actually just bought a hunk of select.

You have no idea. Luckily, I live close enough to get the real deal. Believe me, it's in a league all it's own.
Even here, so close by, it happens.

Hatch green chiles are a staple in my house. When the season rolls around I'm sure to stock up when they become available buying enough to freeze for the year.

I feel that any "Chile Head" that has not been to New Mexico should go sometime. The hot air balloon festival around the beginning of October is a great time to go. The Chiles are roasting and the food is fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent some great times in N.M. and yes the chilies are great. While I'm not one for more government involvement in business the growers do need to protect their brand. It's similar to calling Basa, Catfish.

with a handle like jemez spring you just know you spent a night or two here. you miss them hotsprings?
oh and everything in this state is about chile(red.green or christmas). well except maybe in portales which all about peanuts. haha
oh yeah, this weekend is the fiery food show.

Back