THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Super Tailgate Throwdown in Tampa.

I got the call from Chris & Bill (Good-One Smokers) on Thursday about needing some help at the Super Bowl for the bacon fatty demo.
I made three Thursday night and had them on ice ready to go.
I was given the impression that I would actually help do the demo or at least help.
Anyway after vending with Big Papa for 3 days and winning the contest I hung around till 3AM Sunday and then got told that I was to sit in the parking lot like a good little pit bitch should. After Jason did his thing I was given the dirty dishes to take home and get cleaned up just in time to fall a sleep on the couch while watching the super bowl. Didn’t even get a RAR anyway hope it was worth it. Good Luck with the fatty demo tour.

Chris Marks is a good guy and The Good-One is a presenting sponsor for The FBA Triple Crown so glad to help those guys they seemed to be real appreciative. Chris and Bill thanked me about 100 times. My buddy Big Papa did get a plug on his sauce right at the end. That was cool!

Hey Jimmy,

Can't thank you enough for helping us out. None of that would have been possible without the use of your cooker. Super Bowl security was extra tight, so they weren't letting anyone in. In fact, they even turned down Conan Obrien while I was standing there. There was rumor that Obama was going to fly in at the last second, so everything was on lockdown. Like I said, we can't thank you enough for helping us out!!! Let us know the next time you're in KC and we'll take good care of you.

Back