Initial pics/impressions of the all new MAK 3 Star

Only two words come to mind, awesome and impressive. Glad you're feeling better and hope you get out and tame that beast real soon.

If you had a deep cycle 12v battery and a inverter, how long can you run this? I know the type of battery is a big factor.

If you had a deep cycle 12v battery and a inverter, how long can you run this? I know the type of battery is a big factor.

The only significant amperage draw for any pellet cooker is when the heating element is active to ignite the pellets. Once that turns off the auger motor and the fan are the only source of draw. Maybe lights if it has them.

I've run my pellet cooker for 12+ hours on a 100AH marine battery connected to an inverter with zero problems.

The only significant amperage draw for any pellet cooker is when the heating element is active to ignite the pellets. Once that turns off the auger motor and the fan are the only source of draw. Maybe lights if it has them.

I've run my pellet cooker for 12+ hours on a 100AH marine battery connected to an inverter with zero problems.

Glad someone with actual experience chimed in... thanks brutha! Just for kicks, I forwarded this question to MAK. Will let you guys know if they have a tried and true answer for the 3 Star. Can’t imagine it’ll be much different than what you just provided though... :)

Glad someone with actual experience chimed in... thanks brutha! Just for kicks, I forwarded this question to MAK. Will let you guys know if they have a tried and true answer for the 3 Star. Can’t imagine it’ll be much different than what you just provided though... :)

Yeah ... if you want to get super detailed Mak can provide the wattage and amperage draw for when the heating element is active, how long it cycles, and then provide running wattage draw for non-ignition. Then you can do watt hours/divided by volts = amp hours.

FANTASTIC pics and write-up! That's a very impressive looking cooker...though I can only imagine the price on this thing...has to be $7K+. That being said "legacy quality" cookers will save you money in the long run if you take care of them, so to each their own I guess.

Straight from the owner of MAK Grills...

Depends on the battery and the inverter.
Both pots running will draw approx. 200Watts. Find out the amp hours of the battery and the draw (power the inverter needs to operate) from the inverter and that should tell you :)

Nice rig! You know what they say, "Once you go Mak, you never go back!".

Great write up and pics. Not sure if I missed or skipped over but, are you able to just run one pot and have the divider in for smaller cooks?

All in all, I'm a little confused. I know if that was being delivered at my house, I'd have had that sucker fired up while it was still on the truck and in the crate. I don't even see a pic with a couple porkchops on it. Get with it or Phil is likely to revoke your membership.

All in all, I'm a little confused. I know if that was being delivered at my house, I'd have had that sucker fired up while it was still on the truck and in the crate. I don't even see a pic with a couple porkchops on it. Get with it or Phil is likely to revoke your membership.

Been sick buddy. That, and you’ve been to my house... it’s not like we have nothing going on around here... lol. Plus we’re in the middle of a crazy ice storm. Excuses, excuses ;-)

I understand. You've got a beautiful place and some wonderful girls to help you. I have some really nice memories in that short half hour we visited. I can't imagine how you do it all, but you are blessed.

Man, that is a nice rig. Just had some ribeyes seared on the grill grate of my 1*. I don’t regret my MAK purchase one bit. Bought my 1* when the flame zone was optional, but I ordered it and man is it GREAT! Love the MAK. Fell better and get cooking...after it warms up.

Man, that is a nice rig. Just had some ribeyes seared on the grill grate of my 1*. I don’t regret my MAK purchase one bit. Bought my 1* when the flame zone was optional, but I ordered it and man is it GREAT! Love the MAK. Fell better and get cooking...after it warms up.

Thanks! :)

Dude, that is one amazing cooker and you are more than deserving of it!!!

Now that the touchy-feely crap is outta the way...

FIRE THAT MOTHER UP!!!

Back